Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native - Cant import/export presets.

Mako2112

I am running Cakewalk and using the native plug in. I can edit presets/create presets/etc. But the plugin has no real save button.

The cakewalk save button sort of works but is very weird and buggy.

So I figured I would just import/export and use that method since I can organize things better anyway.

- If I start with a preset from the factory and copy it to user, I can edit it end import/export it.

- If I make a new preset from scratch, I am unable to import/export it. It will go thru the motions of exporting with no errors, but the resulting files are blank (9 kb).

The presets I make from scratch will load into the app but do not really exist. If I double click the preset to reload it, it will blank out the preset.

Bewildered.

Native behaves strangely when creating/saving new presets.

Start with a New Preset.

After you've created and named your preset, click the 3 dot icon next to the preset name and select SAVE TO LIBRARY.

Select the location you want to save it to and click OK. The preset appears in the selected location.

Use the same process but select SAVE TO DISK and your preferred disk location to save the preset to disk.

Don't use Export.

I have no clue why it works that way, it just does.

On 6/13/2022 at 10:16 PM, Mako2112 said:

The presets I make from scratch will load into the app but do not really exist. If I double click the preset to reload it, it will blank out the preset.

Hi,

Helix Native is not immediately very intuitive when it comes to Save and Export.

When you export a preset, such as a new one that you have just created, Helix Native exports it in it’s last saved state, (meaning an empty blank new preset), which is exactly where you started. You have to save the changes first, before export, as noted by “rd2rk” in the post above.

I would suggest that you study the information given in the Helix Native Pilot’s Guide page 23 and page 33

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a4179ea61fd2e9472da7/application/pdf/Helix Native 3.15 Pilot's Guide - English .pdf

Quote:

”Using the Preset panel’s Export command makes a copy of the selected library preset in its last-saved state and saves it to your hard drive. If you wish to save the tone currently in use within the plugin’s Signal Flow, with all edited settings intact, use the File menu - Save options”

Native also has “Help” built-in. Simply click the Question Mark icon in the lower left corner of the window.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Thanks guys!

I figured out the SAVE TO DISK method after I posted. That will work perfect for me.

It definitely acts like there are two presets per preset slot:

- Actual saved preset

- Current edited state of preset.

Export saves the Actual Saved Preset. And the (...) Save to Disk option saves the Current Edited state preset.

When I first select a preset page in the DAW, it loads the Edited preset. But the SAVED preset is blank, so when I click the list to load it I get a blank preset loaded :)

I have used a lot of Line 6 stuff over the last 14 years or so and have never had to even look at a manual. But this one blew my mind for a little while.