Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bulk edit parameters in a setlist

choepie

Hello good people,

Does anybody know if it is possible to 'bulk' edit parameters in a setlist ?

Use case :

I play in a band and have a setlist containing 50 presets, each preset is a song, every part in the song is a snapshot. I prepared this whole setup at home ready to go. My sound is pretty consistent in the setlist : same distortion, same amp+cab, same delay and same reverb.

Depending on the song I add effects or bypass others, and of course I play with the parameters.

Now our sound man asked me if I could, lower my overall delay a bit... ;-) and hence my question is : can I do this in one go, or should I go in each song/preset and change it there?

Kind Regards

No, you'll need to deal with that per preset.

Over on Ideascale there have been requests for "global" FX - a way to adjust settings in one place and have those settings applied in every preset that uses the effect. I'm not sure how you'd search, but you'd want to vote for all of the identical requests for it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What some pro guitarists do is they have separate outputs of their "wet" and "dry" mixes.  If you have a sound guy who regularly works with you, they can add more "dry" sound to your mix, if it's too washy...

I think it was Bon Jovi's guitarists who did that, based on the Rig Rundown.

There is one way to do it, which I've used occasionally, but it requires some programming in JSON.  I keep all my presets stored individually on my hard drive, but it wouldn't matter if it was an individual preset or a setlist or a backup.  It's all in stored in JSON structures, so you can programmatically cycle through them as files and make bulk changes.  Don't ask me any of the technical details because it was years ago and I've slept since then....LOL

• Like 1

Hi @DunedinDragon,

Thanks for this, well I am a programming guy... so this works for me... ;-)
For the nerds, it is a base64, compressed file.
This is what I wrote in Python to read it. Once you get this, I assume you can modify whatever values you want.
The setlist.hls is an export of the setlist, it's not the backupfile.

import base64
import zlib
import json

f = open("setlist.hls", "r") 
helix_json  = json.load(f)		
helix_ascii = helix_json["encoded_data"].encode("ascii") 
helix_decoded = base64.b64decode(helix_ascii) 
helix_decompressed =  zlib.decompress(helix_decoded)
helix_readable = helix_decompressed.decode("ascii)")
print(helix_readable)

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I got the idea to get a printout of my hxstomp setlist and I have almost exactly what you have here  but I hit a snag and I wonder if you've seen it .   It works fine except some of my presets have a 2nd level of encryption. Instead of the ascii preset data there is a field called encoded_data with a base64 long string, just like the 1st level.  The thing is it's not zlib. It's iv which I had actually never heard of. I did a few minutes of reading and decided not to put any more time into it at least for now. At this point I could just write them down faster. But I am curious.