Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone tried the Tone Junkies stuff?

Paulzx

Just seen Tone Junkies talking about their new IR's and preset packs they'e done for Helix and wondered if anyone had tried any? If you watch their youtube video, they're talking about accurate amp capture type process resulting in much better amp tones than we've had before. It seems to have gone down well with some saying these are the best sounding amps they've heard on the Helix. I don't generally buy presets any more due to the well documented variables, IR's I probably would buy some more if they were that good.

Can anyone vouch for these first hand?

I went for three of Tone Junkies presets: 1965 AC100, 68 Mars PA and 65 Prince. For my taste, I thought the 65 Prince was very well done and I use it a lot. I compared this new 'Tone Matched' IR with several others I have that are made for the Princeton amp and theirs sounded much better. Was it dead-on accurate to the actual amp? I wouldn't know but I liked what I heard. 

• Upvote 1

Probably the best I've heard coming out of my Helix. So good that I am going to have to redo my live setup from the ground up once again, once this year's gigging season slows down. I rebuilt all my stuff last year utilizing Michael Britt's amp blocks. Huge improvement from my own initial work. I expect these are going to provide another similar step up. HW has it going on.

Then I may be done tweaking for a while. Until the next update where they include USB send/return blocks, and snapshot selectable inputs and outputs. Yeah, still dreaming...

On 6/16/2022 at 4:49 PM, cfhmonkey said:

Probably the best I've heard coming out of my Helix. So good that I am going to have to redo my live setup from the ground up once again, once this year's gigging season slows down. I rebuilt all my stuff last year utilizing Michael Britt's amp blocks. Huge improvement from my own initial work. I expect these are going to provide another similar step up. HW has it going on.

Then I may be done tweaking for a while. Until the next update where they include USB send/return blocks, and snapshot selectable inputs and outputs. Yeah, still dreaming...

Must be pretty good if you're re doing your entire setup with them. Have they got anything for rock and metal like the usual sele ton of high gain Marshalls or engls? I had a quick look but didn't see anything specifically for that

On 6/20/2022 at 4:55 PM, CraigGT said:

I just bought the Prince, AC100 and Dmbluxe packs and they sound awesome straight out of the box.

They're the only presets I've bought that weren't a disappointment.

That's good enough for me then, I'm going to try some for myself

Curious to hear about your faves (for specific genre of music played). I picked up the Prince, AC100, and Park during their recent BoneMatch sale (got 80% off!). I mainly play originals: alt-rock, Petty/Spoon-like stuff. I've settled on the Prince as my fave of this batch.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 1:25 PM, soundog said:

I picked up the Prince, AC100, and Park during their recent BoneMatch sale (got 80% off!)

The sale is still going, I got the 70% off deal just a few minutes ago.  I'll report back once I get a chance to try them out.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 7:25 PM, soundog said:

Curious to hear about your faves (for specific genre of music played). I picked up the Prince, AC100, and Park during their recent BoneMatch sale (got 80% off!). I mainly play originals: alt-rock, Petty/Spoon-like stuff. I've settled on the Prince as my fave of this batch.

I'm personally after classic rock tones so the usual suspects, Marshall, Engl, Mesa etc. Going to take a look on their site again now seeing as the feedback

seems to be pretty conclusive