Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any way to use the FX Send globally at the end of the chain?

rad3d

I simply want to add an Aeros Looper into the end of the chain, but I don't want it to hiccup if I change presets.

While I'm currently running the output of the Helix into the Aeros, and then out to the mixer from there, the Aeros I/O isn't balanced, and I'd prefer to use the balanced outs of the Helix for longer output runs.  If I add the Aeros to FX Send preset chains, I'd have to do it for every preset, and I'd get an audible hiccup from the Aeros when changing presets (which I need to do within single Looper sessions).

Not a huge issue - but just wondering if there is a way to use the Helix FX Send at the end of the chain as a global setting. It doesn't appear to be possible but thought I'd validate.

Thanks - though I still can't add it to the presets as it's a 6 track Looper and I need to change presets between tracks.  Having the output in the preset chain will make the looper dropout (hiccup) while changing Presets.  It would only work if I were only using Snapshots, but with the complexity of some of my presets, that's not possible.

Of course - though just trying to avoid extra gear in the chain. I already have a complex live stage setup and not looking to add anything to it.  

Not a huge issue.  Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a way to use the FX loop globally.

Thx

On 6/16/2022 at 11:03 AM, rad3d said:

While I'm currently running the output of the Helix into the Aeros, and then out to the mixer from there, the Aeros I/O isn't balanced, and I'd prefer to use the balanced outs of the Helix for longer output runs. 

On 6/17/2022 at 7:29 AM, CraigGT said:

The obvious solution to me is to run the Helix into the looper then use a DI box to get a balanced feed to the mixer .

^^^ this ^^^

On 6/17/2022 at 5:13 PM, rad3d said:

Of course - though just trying to avoid extra gear in the chain. I already have a complex live stage setup and not looking to add anything to it.  

FYI... a good quality DI to isolate your Helix from the FOH is never a bad idea. I've experienced grounding issues that the Helix XLR lift couldn't solve but an external DI w/lift did...  and phantom power becomes a problem when the FOH board has a global "Phantom power switch" for the entire console. (notably... many mid to lower grade consoles, and certainly the older models of such)

FWIW... I carried a phantom power blocker for a while... then decided to permanently mount a quality DI. I've never regretted the latter move which gives me isolation, a ground lift and built in pad.