Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

dt50 212 no sound

Jessehendrixp1

ok so plugged in my dt50 for the first time in a number of weeks the yesterday and im getting no sound...... the board and switches seem to be lighting up and switching channels like they should but the is just no sound coming from the speaker...... i have looked at both fuses and both seem to be in tact and all tube are glowing when the amp is on....... has anyone had this happen to them? or is there any advice that could be thrown my way? also is there anywhere near the knoxville area that can service these things that anyone knows of? thanks in advance

ok i spoke too soon..... so today i try to play my guitar again and same problem i am going to try and redo the firmware again see if it will work but why would i need to install firmware to make the amp produce sound..... is there something that could be causing this?

• 1 month later...

I just had this happen to me, but slightly different. Plugging direct into the DT50 212, there is no sound. My DT212 works with the L6 link, but not without. I re-installed the firmware, but no luck. There is a hum from the speakers though. Were you able to fix yours?

L6 Link bypasses the tube stage. Sounds like it's past time to change out the tubes.

This should be done by a Line 6 authorized service center using the specified tubes.

It is not just tube swap and bias, there is a service tech test that goes with it, and is not

a self repair thing to do.

Actually, that is not the problem. In the Helix, I had the preamp set to use the Helix instead of the DT Pre in the output settings. When I switched the preamp back to DT and unhooked the link, the amp worked again. Apparently, the internal setting the DT received from the Helix didn't change back with an amp reset of a flash re-install, but could only be done by the Helix. I think the tubes probably only have 20-30 hours on them, so I hope they don't need to be retubed. I know the amp is 8 years old, but it hasn't seen much use since I got the Helix. 

• 8 months later...

Same thing just happened to me as well.  The amp worked perfectly when I last used it two months ago.  I get no sound when using my HD500 via the Line 6 Link or with the guitar plugged directly into the amp.  The amp powers up OK, all the lights are lit up and I hear the relay click.  Any suggestions?

Take it to an authorized service center, so they can go through it all correctly.

Heater fuse, old tubes bringing down the heater fuse, and about four other things it could be, none of which is going to be a self repair.

Tubes should be changed out once every 18 months on average, depending on use.

Please keep your fingers out of the insides of these, the shock hazard is too great.

It lights up, so it sounds like the processor board is working.