Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT compatible with Apple M1?

boynigel

I’m contemplating a Mac Studio to update my DAW (protools). This computer runs the new M1 chips and I know there’s some compatibility issues with some companies’ products so I’m wondering if any one is running their Helix successfully on any of the M1 machines. 

I was originally planning on buying a stand-alone audio interface until I learned that my LT could function as one. 

On 6/20/2022 at 8:42 PM, silverhead said:

Have you checked out the pinned topic at the top of this page re: Apple M1 compatibility?

Yes but I didn’t see anything specific to running Monterey with the LT as an audio interface on an M1 machine. Unless someone with firsthand experience chimes in, I suppose I can just try it once I get the computer

On 6/20/2022 at 8:08 PM, boynigel said:

Yes but I didn’t see anything specific to running Monterey with the LT as an audio interface on an M1 machine. Unless someone with firsthand experience chimes in, I suppose I can just try it once I get the computer

It works fine. No problems with Monterey with my M1 Mac and the Helix.

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2022 at 9:20 PM, phil_m said:

It works fine. No problems with Monterey with my M1 Mac and the Helix.

How well does it perform in terms of tracking latency whereas it's via the "old" usb, versus usb c or thunderbolt?