Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp Problems

beatlessteve

Hi, I recently bought a line 6 spider 3 half stack, and while the amp sounds terrific, when i turn the amp up around 4 the bass strings on my guitar create excessive vibration at the back cover, and the cover seems to be on tight...I havent yet taken the cover off to check the conditions of the speakers. Its just a loud vibration and sound like the back cover is vibrating real loud. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks, Beatles Steve

Hi, I recently bought a line 6 spider 3 half stack, and while the amp sounds terrific, when i turn the amp up around 4 the bass strings on my guitar create excessive vibration at the back cover, and the cover seems to be on tight...I havent yet taken the cover off to check the conditions of the speakers. Its just a loud vibration and sound like the back cover is vibrating real loud. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks, Beatles Steve

Lotsa things can rattle inside a speaker cabinet. Without taking a look, it's hard to guess at a fix. Had similar issue with an old Marshall cab years ago. Turned out to be a wooden support post that rests dead center against the back of the cab. Little piece of cloth between the end of the post and the back of the cab tightened things up enough that it stopped vibrating. Might be something that simple. Gotta find what's buzzing first.

"In life, you really only need two things to fix stuff...WD40 to make them go, and duct tape to make them stop"

saw that on a bumper-sticker once...lol :P