Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Assigning Different Fx to Blocks/Footswitches in Different Snapshots?

JSklarin

I feel like I have done a fair bit of searching around, and I don't think I have found a definitive answer.  Pretty simple questions.  I use a Reverse Delay assigned to footswitch 3 in a preset.  I want to add a snapshot that swaps out the reverse with a traditional delay and assign that to footswitch 3.  Is this possible?  From what I am seeing, the general response is no since the snapshots are 'subsets' of one preset.  Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Secondarily - is there a way to assign a temp in a tap tempo sort of way to the tap footswitch (or any footswitch).  Not sure why I can't seem to figure that out.

On 6/22/2022 at 6:38 PM, JSklarin said:

I feel like I have done a fair bit of searching around, and I don't think I have found a definitive answer.  Pretty simple questions.  I use a Reverse Delay assigned to footswitch 3 in a preset.  I want to add a snapshot that swaps out the reverse with a traditional delay and assign that to footswitch 3.  Is this possible?  From what I am seeing, the general response is no since the snapshots are 'subsets' of one preset.  Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Secondarily - is there a way to assign a temp in a tap tempo sort of way to the tap footswitch (or any footswitch).  Not sure why I can't seem to figure that out.

I think the only way to do this would be to have both delays in the preset (you can't toggle the 'type' of delay), and then a footswitch would alternate the bypass state of each

• Upvote 1

On 6/22/2022 at 5:38 PM, JSklarin said:

No on the first.

HUH? on the second.

On 6/23/2022 at 11:48 AM, rd2rk said:

No on the first.

HUH? on the second.

The answer would be no, sorta.  I believe he is asking if you can assign a specific tempo (bpm) to a footswitch.

While the basic answer is no, I believe.  You could however set the bpm to something generic that works for you.  Then change the time parameter to what works for you.  If you work with milliseconds then you could assign footswitches to certain timings (500ms, 355ms, etc) or set it to 120bpm at a 1/1 setting, and set up footswitches to change it to 1/2 or 1/8 dotted.

However, you can only assign one footswitch to make that change per delay block.  So if you had 4 delay times, you would be better off with snapshots making that change rather than 2 delay blocks with 2 footswitches change between which ones are bypassed and which setting.  Seems overly confusing.

I use a Reverse Delay assigned to footswitch 3 in a preset.  I want to add a snapshot that swaps out the reverse with a traditional delay and assign that to footswitch 3.  Is this possible?

No, you can't do this directly... but indirectly, here is how I approach something like this. 

• Both delays are loaded on the preset
  • The same footswitch is set to control the MIX level on BOTH delays (MIN = 0, MAX = <whatever level you want that delay to be when on>
  • The snapshot determines which delay is engaged.
  • Pressing the footswitch will raise the MIX on both delays to the appropriate level, but only ONE of the delays is active so that's the one you hear. 

Clarification required... but I think you are asking how to get the tap tempo working :) 

For TAP Tempo to work, the delay must to set to a time division. Each delay has two "time" modes. One is in MS (milleseconds)... which is a fixed setting that can't be tapped.... the other is set to a time division (1/4, 1/8, dotted 8, etc.... etc...) which is what you want. 

And no... unless I am mistaken you cannot assign Tap Tempo to another footswitch unless you get into some midi tricks.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1