Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to uninstall Helix drivers on Mac M1 Max running 12.3.1?

boynigel

I've no idea where to find them despite multiple system searches.  I found one tutorial here but it's from 2012 so I don't feel too good about using that one.  

FWIW I've been having troubles w/pro tools telling me it can't open my old 44.1 kHz sessions.  at first I thought that was something I was doing wrong, but it wasn't.  wasn't aware that I had to install helix drivers first so at that point I installed them (the newest M1 version for my Mac).  I got a message giving me further instruction but closed it in error so I re-installed again in hopes of seeing the message, but it didn't appear.  so I tried again.  so now I've installed the drivers 3X.  not sure if subsequent installs simply overwrite existing ones, or if I have 3 individual installations.  if I do, I'd like to get rid of them and start from scratch in the event that if I DO have multiple installs, it could affect how well it runs.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:36 PM, boynigel said:

not sure if subsequent installs simply overwrite existing ones

Hi,

A fresh install usually overwrites previous versions - at least it always has on all the Macs I’ve ever owned right back to 1988.

Ensure that your Helix Global setting is 44.1kHz also, because you’re using that as your playback engine. The Mac and Helix need to match sample rates.

Have you checked this?

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/audio-midi-setup/ams59f301fda/mac

or this

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

On 6/26/2022 at 7:17 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

A fresh install usually overwrites previous versions - at least it always has on all the Macs I’ve ever owned right back to 1988.

Ensure that your Helix Global setting is 44.1kHz also, because you’re using that as your playback engine. The Mac and Helix need to match sample rates.

Have you checked this?

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/audio-midi-setup/ams59f301fda/mac

or this

Hope this helps/makes sense.

It's all working perfectly now, thanks!

• Thanks 1