Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is there a way to hit a snapshot button and have it automatically route you to another preset?

Rikthoven

Is there a way in the Helix to set up a snapshot that actually routes you to another preset?  Scenario is this.

Snapshot 1  default snapshot that triggers low blue lights for pre show.

Snapshot 2 sends a midi signal to trigger lights light routine and a introductory sound clip.

Snapshot 3 quickly route to the preset needed for the first song.(If possible)

Trying to solve the problem of triggering a sound clip prior to the start of the show, and then being able to start the show as gracefully as possible.  I currently have a very good set up in the Helix so that I can easily play and  drive my light show via midi.  Just trying to gracefully add this midi trigger prior to the show to play a sound clip that's 4 seconds long and then kicking over to the next preset.  I'm not seeing a super obvious way to do this. I may need to just be super on my tap dancing game to make the switch graceful every time.  Yes I know I can just hit select, switch banks, and hit the preset but that's 2-3(or more if you accidentally miss) clicks vs 1.   With 4 seconds it could be hit or miss unless I put dead air in the clip so that I've got plenty of time to tappity tap tap to get to the preset I need and just hover before kicking it on right after the clip finishes.   Looking for the shortest ergonomic route to get this happening.  Thanks for any advice!

Maybe....

If you utilize Stomp Mode/Command Center, in that layout you can assign buttons to jump to presets.  The trick is that in Preset 1, you need whatever options you need.  It takes you to preset 2, you need all options for that preset, then same with the 3rd.  

So not snapshots necessarily, but you could utilize presets that way.  

Yes, I think that this can be easily done using Instant Commands.

How depends on the exact messages that need to be sent.

Post the exact messages and I'll test it.

The only real problem is the 4 second wait, as the max wait time is 1000ms (1sec).

However, I don't see the problem in that once you've triggered the light show and sound clip, that won't stop if you hit the FS to go to the preset you want to be in when the sound clip ends. If there's a different light show after the sound clip portion, that can trigger off a switch in the new preset. No precise timing required.

IOW - SS2 triggers the sound clip and it's light show. You have 4 seconds to hit a FS to get to the new preset, which has a switch you hit to get to the main light show when the sound clip ends.

Am I missing something?

• Upvote 1

Here's a "proof of concept" preset example.

It assumes that your Llights are on MIDI CH1, your Sound Clip Player is on MIDI CH2.

MIDI CH3 is a dummy to make it work.

The FS is set to Preset #25, cause that's what I used for the test.

Whatever preset you set that to, if you want it to trigger a new Light Show it'll need a FS set to do that.

Rikthoven.hlx