Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Restrict prests

makeegan

OK Thanks

It would be nice for those who don't use stacks of set lists/presets and just have say 4-6 banks of presets. This would only use up one button to scroll through and locate the preset between songs.

No complaints tho'- an amazingly versatile architecture.

Snapshot stacking is fabulous (if you can remember how you set it up)

Thanks Rd2rk for the reply

MK

On 7/3/2022 at 11:51 AM, makeegan said:

It would be nice for those who don't use stacks of set lists/presets and just have say 4-6 banks of presets. This would only use up one button to scroll through and locate the preset between songs.

Hi,

I don’t really understand the issue here. If you only want to use 4, 5 or 6 presets in your box of tricks just use only them. Simply because there are a stack of memory slots available, doesn’t mean you have to use them all.

Recently a guy posted in here about only ever using one preset with different fx on each footswitch. I thought that was rather limiting considering his financial investment on the technology, but there is no right or wrong way to use this stuff. If you have a Helix, you could decide to fill all 1,024 slots with the same single preset - overkill, maybe - but whatever it takes I suppose.

Enjoy your toy.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

I thought and thought and thought about what could possibly be the problem and then it dawned on me.  Maybe it's about temptation versus will power.  He only needs six presets but if there is the possibility of having more he will be tempted to create and use more and that would be wrong in his personal value system.  I don't think we've ever had to deal with a Helix related moral dilemma before so this might be interesting.

On 7/3/2022 at 5:51 AM, makeegan said:

Are you using an HX Stomp? If so, I can see how this would be very useful. That is exactly how ZOOM manages presets with their MultiStomp pedal. If you only use 6 presets.... those are the only ones the pedal will access by footswitch - it scrolls 1 - 6 then starts back at 1. 

I only use a small amount of presets myself, but I use an LT so my access to everything is already easy. 

On 7/3/2022 at 7:43 AM, MGW-Alberta said:

Maybe it's about temptation versus will power.

The OP doesn't tell us what model he uses. If he is on a Stomp - then the feature would be very handy. 

The other units all have enough footswitches to keep things easily accessible. 

On 7/3/2022 at 9:16 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

I don’t really understand the issue here. If you only want to use 4, 5 or 6 presets in your box of tricks just use only them. Simply because there are a stack of memory slots available, doesn’t mean you have to use them all.

Recently a guy posted in here about only ever using one preset with different fx on each footswitch. I thought that was rather limiting considering his financial investment on the technology, but there is no right or wrong way to use this stuff. If you have a Helix, you could decide to fill all 1,024 slots with the same single preset - overkill, maybe - but whatever it takes I suppose.

Enjoy your toy.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

You have actually hit on a really neat and ridiculously simple solution.

FWIW I have a HX Stomp

If I only use six presets and only want to use up one footswitch ie don't want to scroll backwards with another foot switch I can just duplicate the same 6 presets through all remaining slots, and then scroll down through 6, then 1-6 again all the way to the end when it will cycle from number 1 again.

Very cool.

I try and avoid using the extra 2 foot switch option simply to make The HX a grab and go all in one solution.

Thanks again for all the replies

• Upvote 1

Another option would be to name your preset by song name.  

You may use the same settings for multiple songs, but you would save it multiple times under different names. 

That way you are using up 1000 slots, but aren't having 1000 different settings. 

The Command center allows you customize every single button on the Helix.  You can link several presets together, which is what you are trying to do.  Just watch this video, and it'll make sense....

so.

Use the Command Center and assign the up/down buttons to link to to the desired presets. 

You are in preset 1.  You press the "up" button and it takes you to preset 2 snapshot 7....etc... and so on...... when you are in preset 4, the up button will link you to preset 1, snapshot 1.   This way you can cycle through your 4 presets.  You have effectively linked 4 presets together because you assigned the up button to take you to the desired preset. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/13/2022 at 2:45 AM, jwoertz said:

Helix has this. I think it's called Bank Limit.

Uh?

I checked my Helix floor and the manual - can’t find any mention of this “Bank Limit” in relation to what the OP wants to achieve.