Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Usb recording

coachz

I have an rme 9652 computer audio interface and record in daw Reaper.  I have installed the driver's for my stomp xl and the channels all show up in the device selection but there seems to be no way to use both at the same time.  Since my monitors sound comes from the the 9652 I don't see any way to record / reamp my stomp xl.  I tried the ASIO4ALL and the latency was too high.  If I run audio cables into the 9652 there is no easy way to reamp.  Any ideas please?

Since you have a Stomp you should qualify for the $99 discounted price for Native.

Record a DI track and re-amp it through Native.

Don't forget to record a MIDI track if you're using an Exp pedal for anything.

OR you could buy a MAC and use both interfaces at once.

Native is cheaper.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply.  So it seems stomp xl has no solution in the windows world?  Wow, real bummer.  I would get a mac if I didn't have 30 years of windows apps I use.   I understand about native but was hoping to use all the stomp xl. 

On 7/8/2022 at 1:05 PM, coachz said:

Thanks for the reply.  So it seems stomp xl has no solution in the windows world?  Wow, real bummer.  I would get a mac if I didn't have 30 years of windows apps I use.   I understand about native but was hoping to use all the stomp xl. 

You already tried ASIO4ALL with exactly the results I'd have predicted.

Somebody gave me a MAC. I gave it back.

To re-amp in your configuration with the RME as AI, record a DI track, route it to the outs on the RME, take those to the HXSXL RETURNS (have to set them to RETURN in Globals), set the Input Block of your preset to RETURN L/R, then record your re-amped track. EZ PZ.

• Upvote 1

$99 for Native or 2 minutes to swap wires and change a global setting.

OR get a full-fat Helix. Then you could also utilize the SPDIF on the RME and eliminate AD/DA conversions.

• Upvote 2

True all reasonable choices.  I just recently used a labeler and packing tape to really get permanent labels on my cables so I could easily replug them.  No spdif on stomp xl.   Thanks again for the useful ideas.   I love the tiny size of this and don't see myself ever going bigger.  Maybe even smaller though. 

On 7/8/2022 at 8:47 PM, coachz said:

No spdif on stomp xl

Hi,

”rd2rk” did actually say:- “OR get a full-fat Helix” - which does have SPDIF as an option. 

Grab a copy of HX Native with the discount - end of problem!

• Upvote 1