Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD GO 1.40 ?

Clsc

This update 1.40 should be out in October
or next year if it's true.
it even seems like 
that something innovative will come beyond what was for the HX
based on all this delay  it's already becoming a joke lol

On 7/9/2022 at 11:49 PM, voxman55 said:

I don't know what the delay is. Last month there was just one bug they needed to fix. 

this must be why they can't fit a good pitch shifter in the pod go
can barely solve a simple bug
I'm already getting angry with this unit PG
nothing new just problems
it is worth remembering the defect of the recent buffer
that they didn't even give an official note on the matter
nothing fairer would be line 6
send us a usable pitch shifter to compensate for the buffer defect
even if it's not polyphonic but at least one that you can use live

From a development perspective (It's what I do for a living), a few weeks to iron out the last bugs isn't uncommon. My guess is that the same development team works on all products or at least multiple products. The DL4 was released recently and an update was just released Tuesday. They likely finished the Pod Go release candidate and moved on to something else. When that comes back with bugs it gets put in the development calendar. It's difficult to put down what you are currently working on and switch gears unless it's critical. This isn't. They haven't promised a release date to anyone. I would like to see updates as much as anyone but I don't think they owe me anything. A comment on the buffer situation would have been nice.

On 7/10/2022 at 5:06 PM, usedbyanr said:

From a development perspective (It's what I do for a living), a few weeks to iron out the last bugs isn't uncommon. My guess is that the same development team works on all products or at least multiple products. The DL4 was released recently and an update was just released Tuesday. They likely finished the Pod Go release candidate and moved on to something else. When that comes back with bugs it gets put in the development calendar. It's difficult to put down what you are currently working on and switch gears unless it's critical. This isn't. They haven't promised a release date to anyone. I would like to see updates as much as anyone but I don't think they owe me anything. A comment on the buffer situation would have been nice.

I agree with some things you said
I bought my PG at the time just so I wouldn't be disappointed
because line 6 to me seemed to be a renowned brand
so i bought the PG much more expensive than the other things,
but it left a lot to be desired in my expectations,
and after I saw that video of the woman in the famous band saying that she used simple pitch live
I realized that it's all just propaganda
I'll just wait for the update
and if nothing innovative comes
I can only say that I will never buy anything from Line6 again

On 7/10/2022 at 3:42 PM, Clsc said:

I agree with some things you said
I bought my PG at the time just so I wouldn't be disappointed
because line 6 to me seemed to be a renowned brand
so i bought the PG much more expensive than the other things,
but it left a lot to be desired in my expectations,
and after I saw that video of the woman in the famous band saying that she used simple pitch live
I realized that it's all just propaganda
I'll just wait for the update
and if nothing innovative comes
I can only say that I will never buy anything from Line6 again

What famous woman in which band?  

With the possible exception of one effect (possibly Heliosphere but tbc) Pod Go will get all the new amps and fx in Helix v3.15. You can see all these if you go into the Helix support section. 

If you are expecting polyphonic pitch shifting in Pod Go, Line 6 has confirmed ad nauseum that Pod Go will never get this because it doesn't have sufficient processing power.  

put it at 3:30m
I would eat my PG
if she really used Simple Pitch live in this band lol
I was her fan
after she said that
I'm not her fan anymore
if only she had spoken the Poly Pitch
I would even believe it because it's an HX lol
I suffer with this Simple Pitch it is horrible
with what she said i saw that people say anything when it involves money

On 7/10/2022 at 7:01 PM, Clsc said:

put it at 3:30m
I would eat my PG
if she really used Simple Pitch live in this band lol
I was her fan
after she said that
I'm not her fan anymore
if only she had spoken the Poly Pitch
I would even believe it because it's an HX lol
I suffer with this Simple Pitch it is horrible
with what she said i saw that people say anything when it involves money

plays a song in DROOP/DO. C. -4 semitone
in Simple Pitch is impossible
without having so many robotic artifacts

I use simple pitch in Pod Go for drop Eb tuning e.g. SRV, Sweet Child of Mine. Works really well. You need to put it right at the front of the signal chain though, even before the volume and wah, and you need to set it correctly. Once I'm back from hols I'll post a patch for you to try. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 10:51 PM, voxman55 said:

I use simple pitch in Pod Go for drop Eb tuning e.g. SRV, Sweet Child of Mine. Works really well. You need to put it right at the front of the signal chain though, even before the volume and wah, and you need to set it correctly. Once I'm back from hols I'll post a patch for you to try. 

bro I appreciate it but I know very well how a signal chain works
I had a Zoom G5 that her Pitch Shifter
it was as bad as this simple pitch
but it was acceptable it didn't cost much money and for being an old thing
now you buy a pedalboard that costs a fortune these days
and having to play with a Horrible Shifter like the old ones
and frustrating
even the G6 and others have a Legal Pitch Shift
and is much cheaper than PG
this pod go costs a lot just because it's from line 6
but there is nothing extraordinary
and to make matters worse, I can't sell it because nobody wants it because of this buffer problem
and for having the cheapest G6 and headrush and delivering polyphonic effects

it's sad no one deserves to play with a simple pitch like that
he shouldn't exist in PG
so no one would fall into the mistake of buying a PG
thinking that just because it's a launch multieffect
would have a better shift than the multifactors of 20 years ago

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2022 at 10:47 AM, Clsc said:

if that sounds good i really don't know what sounds bad

Oh, I fully agree. That's pretty dire and clearly he doesn't know how to use it correctly...it's nothing like the way I have my drop Eb tuning set up.  Once I'm back from hols next week I'll post my Sweet Child of Mine patch for you to try. 

On 12/07/2022 at 23:52, voxman55 said:

Ah, concordo plenamente. Isso é muito terrível e claramente ele não sabe como usá-lo corretamente... não é nada parecido com o jeito que eu tenho minha afinação de drop Eb configurada. Assim que eu voltar de férias na semana que vem, postarei meu patch Sweet Child of Mine para vocês experimentarem. 

don't waste your time I've already decided to buy another unit that gives me polyphonic effects
I've become completely disenchanted with L6 products
very weak processors.

00000.jpeg

On 7/13/2022 at 11:25 AM, Clsc said:

don't waste your time I've already decided to buy another unit that gives me polyphonic effects
I've become completely disenchanted with L6 products
very weak processors.

00000.jpeg

Well, thanks for your gracious response to my offer of help. Good luck with your new unit. If you'd researched Pod Go properly before you bought it, you'd have avoided your disappointment and bought something else from outset that suited you better.  

I think it's safe to say that no one here will miss your posts. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/13/2022 at 2:10 PM, voxman55 said:

Well, thanks for your gracious response to my offer of help. Good luck with your new unit. If you'd researched Pod Go properly before you bought it, you'd have avoided your disappointment and bought something else from outset that suited you better.  

I think it's safe to say that no one here will miss your posts. 

the problem when you buy something launch
and that you don't find much information
in your native language so you have to buy blind.
even because here there is no way for you to test it before
because the purchases are through the website
Sorry if I was rude, 
but and because it's a lot of disappointment

POD GO DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH DSP TO RECEIVE THE EFFECTS OF HX STOMP, BASICALLY IT'S AN INPUT PEDAL THAT SHOULD EVEN COST MUCH LESS THAN ITS COMPETITORS, THE HEADRUSH MX5 OFFERS MUCH MORE THAN IT FOR VERY THE SAME PRICE, UNLESS THIS UPDATE 1.40 BRING A SOLUTION FOR THIS DSP LIMITING, UNLOCKING THE SIGNAL CHAIN BLOCKS AND INCLUDING HONE CHANGE EFFECTS, SORRY BUT I'M MIGRATING TO HEADRUSH!

OK. But firstly there is no excuse for being rude. Secondly, I appreciate the difficulty where languages might be different. However, tools such as Google translate are available.  Most importantly, if there are features that are crucial to you like poly pitch shift, then it is 100% your responsibility to ask specific questions.  

Line 6, or folk here on the Line 6 community page or any Pod Go Facebook page or Pod Go or Line 6 board or forum anywhere on the internet, and even folk on youtube would have been pleased to help and answer any queries you might have had. Then you would have been in an informed position when choosing which MFX to buy. 

I appreciate your personal disappointment but language differences are not an excuse for you not to have undertaken proper research, and to ask specific questions...you should never assume things about any piece of gear, because every manufacturer is different and every piece of gear, and at all price points, will have pros and cons.

Anyway, Nuff said...and I genuinely wish you well in finding an MFX that more closely fits your needs.

I think you work for line 6, friend, because you are always defending the brand and never make a constructive criticism, at least, so that the equipment can improve, you always have excuses to justify the limitations of the equipment instead of proposing plausible solutions for the owners of, POD GO for example, don't have to migrate to other equipment from other brands that meet your needs... well, the bad experience I had with the products of line 6, now I know I can't expect much from you!

Voxman55 is quite helpful here and in other groups. He was kind enough to answer my questions in a thread and in a private message. He offered to help twice in this thread and simply pointed out that we all had a chance to read about the Pod Go before purchasing. I look forward to reading his future posts and replies. I hope this thread hasn't discouraged him from doing that going forward.

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2022 at 11:45 AM, thiagofender said:

I think you work for line 6, friend, because you are always defending the brand and never make a constructive criticism, at least, so that the equipment can improve, you always have excuses to justify the limitations of the equipment instead of proposing plausible solutions for the owners of, POD GO for example, don't have to migrate to other equipment from other brands that meet your needs... well, the bad experience I had with the products of line 6, now I know I can't expect much from you!

No, I dont work for Line 6. Ive openly been quite critical of Line 6 on a couple of themes, so do a search for my posts and you'll see them. 

My criticisms relate to Line 6s 'vision' for Pod Go that hasn't adapted to competition. Key themes are that I believe Line 6 should add 2 more user blocks, and to 'free' the amp and cab blocks so that they are not fixed. Also, to provide DSP info with each model plus an overall DSP meter, in the way that the Zoom and Mooer pedals do.

I am always ready to help folk, and support sensible rationalized views that are balanced. What I have absolutely no time for is people who rush to buy gear without doing the proper research to ensure they understood what they are buying, and then blame Line 6 and Pod Go unfairly. Its akin to buying a 1.6 litre BMW with no sat nav and only front powered windows, and then moaning because a car that sells at half the price doesn't have the same power and extras as a 3.0 litre 525i with sat nav, all round electrics, cruise control etc.  People that expect that are quite frankly just plain stupid.  In other words, you can't expect a unit costing a third of Helix to have the same power and options.

Line 6 has always been completely open about the limitations of Pod Go right from the off, and made it abundenfly clear that is is a POD and not a Helix.  For those wanting more processing power and access to all Helix models and features, Line 6 has always said those customers will need a Helix. 

I researched Pod Go thoroughly so I knew exactly what it could and couldn't do before I bought it. 

As I've said, once a successful mfx comes out it's then relatively easier for competitors to come up with their own MFX that offers improved spec. You have to appreciate that Pod Go did lead the market at this price point when it was launched more than 2 yrs ago, and it's simply not fair to criticise it as against later units.  Choosing an MFX today is a different proposition with much more competition e.g. Zoom G6, Mooer GE300 ( much cheaper than 2 yrs ago), and the Boss GX100. 

So, you need to be realistic and understand what has happened since Pod Go was launched. Blaming everyone but yourself for your lack of research is simply not a mature approach. If you are unhappy with your Pod Go, sell it and get something else.

On 7/14/2022 at 1:45 PM, thiagofender said:

I never thought about it but it's true
and always the same guys that come with this little chat
of ferrari that you didn't research properly etc...
in addition, they do not accept that they say anything negative about
pod go so much that they excluded me from the facebook group just for saying that there is better and cheaper equipment.

On 7/14/2022 at 5:03 PM, voxman55 said:

No, I dont work for Line 6. Ive openly been quite critical of Line 6 on a couple of themes, so do a search for my posts and you'll see them. 

My criticisms relate to Line 6s 'vision' for Pod Go that hasn't adapted to competition. Key themes are that I believe Line 6 should add 2 more user blocks, and to 'free' the amp and cab blocks so that they are not fixed. Also, to provide DSP info with each model plus an overall DSP meter, in the way that the Zoom and Mooer pedals do.

I am always ready to help folk, and support sensible rationalized views that are balanced. What I have absolutely no time for is people who rush to buy gear without doing the proper research to ensure they understood what they are buying, and then blame Line 6 and Pod Go unfairly. Its akin to buying a 1.6 litre BMW with no sat nav and only front powered windows, and then moaning because a car that sells at half the price doesn't have the same power and extras as a 3.0 litre 525i with sat nav, all round electrics, cruise control etc.  People that expect that are quite frankly just plain stupid.  In other words, you can't expect a unit costing a third of Helix to have the same power and options.

Line 6 has always been completely open about the limitations of Pod Go right from the off, and made it abundenfly clear that is is a POD and not a Helix.  For those wanting more processing power and access to all Helix models and features, Line 6 has always said those customers will need a Helix. 

I researched Pod Go thoroughly so I knew exactly what it could and couldn't do before I bought it. 

As I've said, once a successful mfx comes out it's then relatively easier for competitors to come up with their own MFX that offers improved spec. You have to appreciate that Pod Go did lead the market at this price point when it was launched more than 2 yrs ago, and it's simply not fair to criticise it as against later units.  Choosing an MFX today is a different proposition with much more competition e.g. Zoom G6, Mooer GE300 ( much cheaper than 2 yrs ago), and the Boss GX100. 

So, you need to be realistic and understand what has happened since Pod Go was launched. Blaming everyone but yourself for your lack of research is simply not a mature approach. If you are unhappy with your Pod Go, sell it and get something else.

no one will migrate from a pod go to HX friend
and very expensive in addition to having something much better of lower value on the market
i think pod go and stomp are super limited
could have done a lot with the DSP Shark
these processors shouldn't even be expensive
but still they put the worst cheaper

now whenever they tell me that name L6
I will associate the Lack of DSP.

@thiagofenderand @Clsc

There are thousands and thousands of customers who are happy with their Line 6 gear. However, no manufacturer can please everyone.  I'm sorry you are both unhappy but you both need to move on and buy another mfx that you like. 

But these pointless posts have to now stop please.  These are doing no one any good.  If you persist, I will have to ask the moderators here to remove you. 

On 7/14/2022 at 4:52 PM, Clsc said:

stomp series even worse
besides not having the exp pedal
if you use poly pitch
no longer able to put any good amp

Seriously, dude… Don’t you have anything better to do? You’ve trolled the Facebook group, TGP, and here under different usernames. If you don’t like the POD Go, sell it and move on. Don’t complain about it for months on end.

• Upvote 1

On 7/14/2022 at 8:44 PM, phil_m said:

Seriously, dude… Don’t you have anything better to do? You’ve trolled the Facebook group, TGP, and here under different usernames. If you don’t like the POD Go, sell it and move on. Don’t complain about it for months on end.

I always had a single account
if you confused me with another user it means
that it's not just me who's disappointed.

I was never kicked out of any group
MFX that I had participated
only in the L6 group that this happens
you spend a fortune on equipment and then when you give a suggestion to improve you then you are banned from the group.

On 7/14/2022 at 7:14 PM, Clsc said:

Yes there are of course some other disappointed users, but that disappointment is entirely down to them, not Line 6.  They either did not adequately research what they were buying and just made assumptions, or they bought it in the hope that a future firmware upgrade would give them what they want.

Trust me on this, Line 6 was completely open about who Pod Go was for and it's limitations as compared with Helix.  If I thought for one moment that they had misled customers, I'd be the first one to take issue with them!  

On 7/14/2022 at 8:14 PM, Clsc said:

Oh, yeah, sure… And you just happened to open up this account to complain… I have moderator rights here, so I approve new accounts by the way of approving the first posts. But I’m sure it’s all a coincidence that you say the same under all your different alts…

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b6qfkarnsv59ggqkjgz

On 14/07/2022 at 21:27, phil_m said:

Ah, sim, claro… E você acabou de abrir esta conta para reclamar… Eu tenho direitos de moderador aqui, então eu aprovo novas contas por meio da aprovação dos primeiros posts. Mas tenho certeza que é tudo uma coincidência que você diga o mesmo sob todos os seus diferentes alts…

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b6qfkarnsv59ggqkjgz

this account is 2 years old I think you are not well informed, besides that if you go to CUSTOMTONE
you will see my patch from over a year ago lol

• 10 months later...
On 7/12/2022 at 11:47 AM, Clsc said:

if that sounds good i really don't know what sounds bad

On 7/12/2022 at 10:52 PM, voxman55 said:

Oh, I fully agree. That's pretty dire and clearly he doesn't know how to use it correctly...it's nothing like the way I have my drop Eb tuning set up.  Once I'm back from hols next week I'll post my Sweet Child of Mine patch for you to try. 

Hey all, Helix user here. I was trying to find a link to this old demo of mine and stumbled across this POD Go thread, where I'm seeing that my know-how was ridiculed and honor besmirched, lol. I hope it's clear that the 1st half is Simple Pitch and the 2nd half is Poly Pitch, and that I was only trying to show how Simple Pitch sounded bad for this specific sound: