Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV3 outdoors

Has anyone here tried using the FBV3 outdoors? I play a gig outside all summer and honestly, I can't see the display at all. It is virtually invisible, completely useless. Even the lights on the switches are almost impossible to see off/on. I have had to go back to my FBV Shortboard MKII to be able to see the display outside. I think the solution would be black letters against a yellow background as in the Shortboard. Would be nice if there was an "option" to get that through a firmware upgrade.

• 5 months later...

I am just buy that new and I love that this pedal expands the functionality of the Spider V 240HC to the floor, but I was running into a big problem right out of the box. The whole pedal would freeze seemingly on its own. As it turned out the included ethernet cable is junk. Wiggle it just slightly where it attaches to the board or the amp and the pedal would freeze. I swapped it with another cable I had laying around for years and I'm back in business.

• 5 months later...
On 5/22/2023 at 3:44 PM, designmachine2 said:

Hi

I have exactly the same problem

I am interested to know if you were able to sort it?

Assuming you are referring to the original post about sunlight? ... I had to make a hood to go over the front half of it to provide shade. Impossible to see anything in direct sunlight, whereas my POD HD500 is no problem to see in sunlight ??? They missed the boat in the design department about using this controller outside in the sunlight.