Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podfarm X64 And Ilok

Hi! I bought an iLok the other day so i could licence my http://www.slatedigital.com/ software and it works fine. The problem is that my podfarm x64 plugins won't load in my daw. Now the 32 bit versions load just fine.

I tried reinstalling podfarm2 several times and i also unauthorized and 're-authorized' my computer and plugins/addons just in case.

I tried to open a podfarm2x64 plug without my ilok dongle in my computer and it workes fine. I need help solving this! THANKS! :)

My question to you is whether you have actually purchased the iLok version.  There is a separate iLok version that will ONLY work when your iLok is attached and the license has been deposited to your iLok account.  The normal PC/Line 6 hardware version cannot use iLok for authorization.

Oh, sorry i forgot to mention that i run podfarm2+metalshop all authorized by my UX2 interface. 

I Have some new possibly relevant information, I tried uninstalling the ilok drivers+clientservices and ran a podfarm2 in my daw and it worked great. The moment i connected the ilok(this is without the drivers for the ilok installed) My daw says that it could not load the plugin for unknown reasons. 

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

open a ticket...

sounds like a bug to me.

although i knew you didn't have the ilok version because they won't work with model packs.

it appears that the 64 bit plugins are defaulting to an ilok authorization...

i seriously think this would probably end up being something that will need to be fixed in a new version...

but perhaps support has ran into this before and have another fix for you.

I think you're right because of the reason that an opened podfarm2.5 64bit instance stops working at the very moment i plug in the ilok. i have however 'opened a ticket'

Hey again!

I just wanted to update the situation. I opened a ticket and i got information about the "Authorization Hierarchy" in which the plugin stars by looking for a ILok authorization, much as @TheRealZap predicted. 

So of cource my plugin does not work. I am being asked to buy the the plugin again, but for ilok and I think this is outrageous. As a customer, am i supposed to have the knowledge of the authorization hirearchy? And that if i decide to buy an ilok to expand my studio with new plugins, i have to buy them a second time?

Please, i'm begging for an fair and realistic solution to this problem!

Best regards

Tintin

I'll see if i can't get someone to give this another look, Don't know what their policy is or what they can do... but it sounds like you're only asking for a fair deal.

Hey again!

I just wanted to update the situation. I opened a ticket and i got information about the "Authorization Hierarchy" in which the plugin stars by looking for a ILok authorization, much as @TheRealZap predicted. 
So of cource my plugin does not work. I am being asked to buy the the plugin again, but for ilok and I think this is outrageous. As a customer, am i supposed to have the knowledge of the authorization hirearchy? And that if i decide to buy an ilok to expand my studio with new plugins, i have to buy them a second time?

Please, i'm begging for an fair and realistic solution to this problem!

Best regards
Tintin