Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects: How to get a progressive Volume Pedal

kickinchicken

I've attached my Mission EP1-L6 to the HX Effects and I think I've set up the routing appropriately.  I'm getting volume control, but it's a very sharp increase in volume and then not much.  How do I set it up so that the sweep gets used more effectively?

Here's a photo of my setup, with where I think the volume is.  Even when the Position is set to Curve, it's a very sharp initial increase.

image.thumb.png.1352d314046a3df3e6b008f96fbf7eec.png

Go into the Volume Block on the HX Effect and set the CURVE to "Logarithmic".... which has a much smoother audio curve than "LINEAR" does. 

I wish they would give us more control over the volume curve, but having "log" as an option is a good start. 

Of all the things Helix has gotten right, the volume pedal is one they got wrong. I have a floor unit and have the same issue. It's not terrible with the logarithmic option but it's still not smooth, or at least not what I expect. What's weird is I've been a Line 6 boy for awhile and this unit, that kicks all of their other units a**, does this worse than any of the others. Never had a complaint with their previous units. Volume/Expresion pedal was fine.

On 7/14/2022 at 8:05 AM, kickinchicken said:

Thanks @codamediaI tried that but it's still not super smooth.

I agree... it's not great, but I remember the times when "LINEAR" was our only option on Line 6 gear. YIKES! 

I can get by with the LOG curve for basic stuff on guitar, I also play pedal steel.... I use a traditional VP for that. 

On 7/14/2022 at 9:39 PM, codamedia said:

I agree... it's not great, but I remember the times when "LINEAR" was our only option on Line 6 gear. YIKES! 

I can get by with the LOG curve for basic stuff on guitar, I also play pedal steel.... I use a traditional VP for that. 

Oh man.  That's the whole reason I bought the Mission!

On 7/14/2022 at 10:10 PM, kickinchicken said:

Oh man.  That's the whole reason I bought the Mission!

The mission is still an expression pedal... and is mostly subject to the curves set in the software. 

If you have a volume pedal you like the curve of... place it in the loop of the HX Effects, or anywhere in your chain that works. 

• Upvote 1