Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is Expr 3 meant to show in LCD?

markwesse

On 7/17/2022 at 5:42 AM, markwesse said:

It seems there is no way to read the Exp3 as per Exp1/2...is that correct?

Just making sure...no mention in manual

Hi,

The scribble strip for the onboard Exp shows either Exp1 or 2 depending on which is selected. There is no dedicated visual feedback for Exp3. 

I have 2 external expression pedals connected to my Helix and have no difficulty in being aware of which is being used. For example, if I have Exp2 in acting as a volume pedal, the volume block can be assigned to a non bypassed footswitch and the scribble strip for that can be customised to suit. Likewise, if Exp3 is controlling the feedback of a delay block simply modify the name to suit.

If you don’t want to assign a footswitch to the block you wish to control, set you external Exp3 to auto engage whatever function you require in that block. Should be simple enough to remember what the external pedal is mapped to. I have managed to cope with these 2 external pedals for years with no problems in knowing which is which.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 7/17/2022 at 10:23 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

The scribble strip for the onboard Exp shows either Exp1 or 2 depending on which is selected. There is no dedicated visual feedback for Exp3. 

I have 2 external expression pedals connected to my Helix and have no difficulty in being aware of which is being used. For example, if I have Exp2 in acting as a volume pedal, the volume block can be assigned to a non bypassed footswitch and the scribble strip for that can be customised to suit. Likewise, if Exp3 is controlling the feedback of a delay block simply modify the name to suit.

If you don’t want to assign a footswitch to the block you wish to control, set you external Exp3 to auto engage whatever function you require in that block. Should be simple enough to remember what the external pedal is mapped to. I have managed to cope with these 2 external pedals for years with no problems in knowing which is which.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Cheers...just making sure I didnt miss anything ie if it was consistent handling or not. Im happy with Exp 1/2 onboard...just be nice to have a bit of flexibility to use the exp2 as external switch etc 

• Like 1