Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go Looper - Overdubbing Presets/Snapshots

cain29671

Just started delving into the Looper.  Have scanned several videos on Line 6 and Youtube about looping but none explain how to switch and overdub presets and/or snapshots.  There are videos that have people doing it but none that explains how.  I tried switching to a preset between an overdub and the looper just shuts off.  I am however using the simple one switch mono.  Can anyone explain how to overdub and record different presets/snapshots within the same loop session?

• Upvote 1

All presets that you plan to use within the same Looper session must have the same Looper FX block (1-switch or 6-switch) in the preset. If you record a loop in one preset, then switch to a preset that has no (or a different) Looper block then the Looper stops working. If the preset you switch to has the appropriate Looper block then the Looper should continue to operate.

That worked but in order to switch to a preset after recording a session the Mode switch has to be pressed to get back into Preset mode. 

I was trying to do this with snapshots but noticed a couple of the snapshots show the looper 'grayed' out.  I know looper blocks are gray already but these are more of a dull gray where one snapshot is the standard bright gray.  I tried removing blocks, thinking it was a resource issue but that didn't help.  In fact I removed everything accept the amp and cab.  Any idea on this?

It’s not a DSP issue since the Looper exists in the preset. I expect it’s greyed out because the Looper can’t be bypassed/modified on a snapshot basis.

You’re correct that it takes some foot tapping. Looper controls are only available in Stomp mode when the Looper block is selected and it’s controls are visible.  To switch to another preset you need to leave Stomp mode, switch presets, then go back to Stomp mode in the new preset and select the Looper block to control it.

It’s not a DSP issue since the Looper exists in the preset. I expect it’s greyed out because the Looper can’t be bypassed/modified on a snapshot basis.

You’re correct that it takes some foot tapping. Looper controls are only available in Stomp mode when the Looper block is selected and it’s controls are visible.  To switch to another preset you need to leave Stomp mode, switch presets, then go back to Stomp mode in the new preset and select the Looper block to control it.

You might be able to control things more easily using an external MIDI controller and sending the appropriate MIDI commands to the POD Go over USB. Details can be found in the USB/MIDI chapter of the Pod Go manual. I haven’t experimented with it but you might want to.

On 7/20/2022 at 3:41 PM, cain29671 said:

That worked but in order to switch to a preset after recording a session the Mode switch has to be pressed to get back into Preset mode. 

I was trying to do this with snapshots but noticed a couple of the snapshots show the looper 'grayed' out.  I know looper blocks are gray already but these are more of a dull gray where one snapshot is the standard bright gray.  I tried removing blocks, thinking it was a resource issue but that didn't help.  In fact I removed everything accept the amp and cab.  Any idea on this?

Check that you have each snapshot saved with the looper switched on.

• 2 weeks later...

Quoting from the manual…

”If you press <the Record button> while loop playback is stopped, this will always record a new loop, and any previous recording will be discarded.”

So to delete a loop you record a brief period of silence. Not sure this is a useful function though. What’s the value of deleting an existing recording? If a recorded loop exists and you don’t want to use it just don’t play it back. And if you want to record a new loop you perform the above action and record it.

Another way to delete a loop is to turn the device off.