Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Metal Tones And Fuzz

kingdarko

Anyone out there want to give me a quick run down of how this thing handles the metal side of things, there are plenty of clean chime and light rock out there but i've not heard anything to driven into the ground \m/ style :D 

Would like to know how it handles pantera tones both early and later tones and anything fuzz wise like queens of the stone age.

Also is there android support yet ? 

Thanks for your time 

Ok so I just picked the 150 and first I wasn't blown away by the hi gain amps sounds. Years ago I owned a triple rectifier full stack and used to play hard rock and metal. I was hoping this amp would at least give me some similarities to the sounds I was used to. As I was about to give up from tweaking and downloading presets I decided to mismatch the cab simulators and mic Ing and notice some differences but still sounded muddy with no saturation or sizzle then I clicked none on the cab simulator and WOW instant difference pure creamy saturation similar to the tremonti/creed sound using the tread plate amp. So yes if you turn off the cab simulators their can be some great metal amp sounds when dialed in properly. Just grabbed a fbv short board on eBay to seal the deal hope this helps.

No I havent uploaded to the cloud yet still havent had much time with it i ll try this weekend.  But basically if you turn the cab simulator to non and pump the volume up and maybe add a compressor you really here the difference mudd vs saturation.