Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

"Play View" for Helix Floor

tommyobeso

Is it possible to get the "Play View" similar to the Helix LT or HX Stomp XL for the Helix Floor? 

In certain live playing scenarios the lighting of a venue makes the Footswitch LEDs impossible to read what color is lit up (as I discovered the hard way at a local venue) and the "Play View" would solve this problem. 

If not, where do I go to make a feature request? 

thanks!

To post feature requests, visit ideascale.... https://line6.ideascale.com 

Find & Upvote existing feature requests before posting a new one. 

When you are searching for this on ideascale to upvote it.... the common term used is "performance view".

I'm not sure if that is the official term, but it's how I see most people refer to it on the LT. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/24/2022 at 12:53 PM, phil_m said:

Seems to me that having the label on the scribble strips is much more important than seeing the color…

As someone who has used both... there are conditions where I preferred the scribbles, there are conditions where I preferred "performance view". 

The floor has the same screen as the LT... and the scribbles. Asking for it to do BOTH is not unreasonable - IMO. 

FWIW... My overall preference leans to "performance view"... it suits my work flow perfectly. 

Aside from editing, the signal flow view does nothing for me.... yet it consumes that beautiful screen on the Helix Floor at all times :) 

On 7/24/2022 at 8:25 PM, codamedia said:

As someone who has used both... there are conditions where I preferred the scribbles, there are conditions where I preferred "performance view". 

The floor has the same screen as the LT... and the scribbles. Asking for it to do BOTH is not unreasonable - IMO. 

FWIW... My overall preference leans to "performance view"... it suits my work flow perfectly. 

Aside from editing, the signal flow view does nothing for me.... yet it consumes that beautiful screen on the Helix Floor at all times :) 

I also agree that the performance view is quite useful when you are playing during daytime.  To me, my signal chain view is absolutely useless when I'm performing, because I'm playing and not adjusting my presets during that time. 

I have 2 Helixes: Floor and LT.  LT gets used outdoors, at dusty campsite gigs, questionable jams; while the Floor gets used on a clean stage indoors.  There were several times where the lighting people started having too much fun at one of the gigs, and if it weren't for the scribble strips and my glowing side dots on the guitar, I'd not been able to play.  As in, the only source of light that I had were the friggin' scribble strips.  Like one time, the lighting people decided it'd look great to turn off all the stage lights entirely for 5 seconds, just to flash them on every downbeat for the next minute.  LOL

So yes, it's not unreasonable to want to be able to see BOTH: scribble strips and the performance view.  It'd take almost no coding effort to allow this to exist. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 7:22 AM, theElevators said:

have 2 Helixes: Floor and LT.  LT gets used outdoors, at dusty campsite gigs, questionable jams; while the Floor gets used on a clean stage indoors.  There were several times where the lighting people started having too much fun at one of the gigs, and if it weren't for the scribble strips and my glowing side dots on the guitar, I'd not been able to play.  As in, the only source of light that I had were the friggin' scribble strips.  Like one time, the lighting people decided it'd look great to turn off all the stage lights entirely for 5 seconds, just to flash them on every downbeat for the next minute.  LOL

I find the scribble strips way more visible in direct sunlight than the screen itself.

On 7/25/2022 at 7:22 AM, theElevators said:

So yes, it's not unreasonable to want to be able to see BOTH: scribble strips and the performance view.  It'd take almost no coding effort to allow this to exist. 

Famous last words… At a minimum, though, the boxes would have to be scaled differently in Stomp Mode on the Helix, as it has the option for 10 stomp switches, compared to the LT, which only allows 8.

I just find it kind of funny, though, as the whole reason for Performance View was that the LT doesn’t have scribble strips. It would seem odd to me to have two displays showing redundant information.