Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

So I was looking into buying the POD Studio UX1, but I was wondering if there was any to record certain tracks that go into the pod by themselves. So for example, could i have both my guitar and my ipod playing through the POD at the same time, but only record the guitar signal? If not, is there anyway to do this without UX2 or any other POD? Thanks.

it will play anything on your computer.. but only record the inputs on the UX1... so yes.... you can play along with a song on your computer and only record what you are playing...

easier in my mind to simply put the song on a track on your recording software, as it give you more control over the whole process if you need to overdub etc.

Hi,

Just to explain how you would do what the RealZap was saying: You can plug the ipod into the monitor input of the ux1 and have your guitar/instrument plugged in via; guitar,instrument, or line in input. This will let you hear the ipod and instrument and record the instrument by itself. I am pretty sure the monitor in is specifically made for mp3 players etc. and most of these are made for 'headphone' level signal. Should be fine. Just lower the volume on your ipod first just to check how strong the sound is, then you could raise it if fine.

God Bless,

David

you don't have to plug anything in anywhere else... unless you want to for some reason.

just play the track on your computer using whatever media player you normally use, or import the song into a track in your DAW.

• Downvote 1