Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix & Powercab 212 - So much boom/muffle

chris050177

Hi guys, hope you can offer some advice and help.

I have got a helix and PC212 hooked up via L6 link, set up the levels so presets turn yellow.

However every amp I try sounds so boomy, it’s crazy! I have an EMG loaded guitar so have turned the Pad On and not made much diff, is there something in general settings on Helix / PC that I’m missing? (Using the speakers rather than FrFr although still the same).

I have tried downloading some presets, ones built in and starting one from scratch with just an amp?

Any ideas lovely Helix users :-)

Have you tried setting the Powercab on an amp stand or a chair? Doing so will significantly reduce it's physical contact and acoustic coupling to the floor. Keeping it away from a rear/side wall or corner will also reduce acoustic coupling. 

• Upvote 2

+1 for the stand. I keep them just a tad under ear level and that's bringing back some brightness, but in general they also like some EQ to de-mud the response.

Also you can try the LOW cut on the back.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Acoustic coupling to the floor can be a massive factor when the cab is on any floor other than a concrete floor. The way the majority of framed wood construction floors resonate will typically negatively alter the resulting sound. 

• Upvote 2