Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I replace the Helix floor with another line 6 product?

ichasedx

Hello to all,

I recently completed a pedalboard which features the Helix as the centerpiece. My friend asked for my help in building a smaller pedalboard for him. I am unfamiliar with the other line 6 products. Is there a more compact option that can still act as a MIDI controller, Variax input and the AES output? If not, which one would have the closest inputs/outputs as the Helix floor? 

Thanks as always,

Mike

Not to be a party pooper, but all your questions can be answered by scrolling through the product descriptions in this website (see Products tab at top of this page). That way you’ll get a complete and accurate answer more quickly than waiting for respondents here to provide partial and perhaps inaccurate information.

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2022 at 9:34 AM, ichasedx said:

Hello to all,

I recently completed a pedalboard which features the Helix as the centerpiece. My friend asked for my help in building a smaller pedalboard for him. I am unfamiliar with the other line 6 products. Is there a more compact option that can still act as a MIDI controller, Variax input and the AES output? If not, which one would have the closest inputs/outputs as the Helix floor? 

Thanks as always,

Mike

LT or RACK.... 

Neither will really save you any space... 

The LT will save you $$$ at the cost of some I/O, Scribbles and ruggedness. Fine for some, not for others :) 

On 7/27/2022 at 3:34 PM, ichasedx said:

Is there a more compact option that can still act as a MIDI controller, Variax input and the AES output? If not, which one would have the closest inputs/outputs as the Helix floor? 

Here’s the comparison chart from the Line 6 Helix Family product page:

https://line6.com/documents/processor_comparison_chart/Line_6_Processor_Comparison_Chart.pdf

Floor, Rack and LT are the only ones with Variax input, and AES/EBU Digital out.

On 7/28/2022 at 12:09 PM, theElevators said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225046801330?hash=item3465d5abb2:g:wh0AAOSwovRit~fT

Pod XT Live is amazing!  Less menus, indestructible, works with the Variax. 

Just to clarify, the POD XT series works with older Variax guitars but is not supported using Variax JTV and newer. Afaik it may work in a limited fashion for model selection, but nothing else (e.g. alternate tunings, Variax knob controllers).

On 7/28/2022 at 11:26 AM, silverhead said:

Just to clarify, the POD XT series works with older Variax guitars but is not supported using Variax JTV and newer.

It's also a terrible MIDI controller, which is something the OP was listing as a required feature. 

Not to mention - it's size isn't much smaller than a Helix.