Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bypassing the soundcard

RiceKrispies

Hi, i’m trying to find a way to bypass the soundcard on the POD HD500X and use my audio interface (Arturia Audiofuse) as the soundcard. The reason for this is, i want to take advantage of the better converters and preamps in the Audiofuse. My first idea was to do this by using digital connections, but this led me to some questions:

1. Would this be possible, if i connect the VDI to one of the Audiofuse’s USB-ports via a converter (VDI USB Interface Kit)? If not, what about the S/PDIF out or the ADAT out? Here's an illustration:

1449751427_Skrmbillede2022-07-29221705.thumb.jpg.22380f5f816d1d1a6c7297969d226242.jpg

2. If the previous isn't achieveable, would it then be possible to do this with a POD HD Pro X, since it has S/PDIF in and out?

3. If one of the two can be done, would i then be able to route fx a mic to one signal path and a guitar to another?

I don't play music on computers. So, this may or may not even be what you are looking for But I am here, so I thought I would give it a shot since no one else has.... 

You can go into your computer's system properties/control panel and switch the sound card manually.  

On 7/31/2022 at 7:27 AM, pianoguyy said:

I don't play music on computers. So, this may or may not even be what you are looking for But I am here, so I thought I would give it a shot since no one else has.... 

You can go into your computer's system properties/control panel and switch the sound card manually.  

I appreciate your contribution! I'm actually not trying use a computer with this setup, just the POD and the Audiofuse

On 7/29/2022 at 11:09 PM, RiceKrispies said:

1. Would this be possible, if i connect the VDI to one of the Audiofuse’s USB-ports via a converter (VDI USB Interface Kit)? If not, what about the S/PDIF out or the ADAT out?

No, the VDI connector is only for connecting, controlling and powering Variax guitars, nothing else

2. If the previous isn't achieveable, would it then be possible to do this with a POD HD Pro X, since it has S/PDIF in and out?

Yes, it is possible to connect the POD's S/PDIF to an audio interface equipped with a digital input

3. If one of the two can be done, would i then be able to route fx a mic to one signal path and a guitar to another?

Yes, the POD HD500X and POD HD Pro X are both equipped with 2 paths A and B, and for each of them it is possible to select a different input

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2022 at 4:13 PM, hurghanico said:

Yes, it is possible to connect the POD's S/PDIF to an audio interface equipped with a digital input

But if i wanted to send a mic signal and a guitar signal digitally from my Audiofuse to the POD HD, then i would have to go S/PDIF out on the Audiofuse and S/PDIF in on the POD HD, right?

On 8/5/2022 at 1:23 PM, RiceKrispies said:

But if i wanted to send a mic signal and a guitar signal digitally from my Audiofuse to the POD HD, then i would have to go S/PDIF out on the Audiofuse and S/PDIF in on the POD HD, right?

You can't with the HD500X, maybe yes with the HD Pro X.
Communication via S/PDIF between POD HD500X and an audio interface is one way, the POD HD500X transmits but does not receive via S/PDIF.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips