Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X using line out and XLR out at the same time

olbrecht

Hi there,

sorry for this beginners' question but I am trying to send a mono signal to FOH and the same signal to a tuner effects pedal. I figured that 1) the built in tuner is too slow and 2) makes a crackling noise when turning it on and off. I was going to send XLR out to FOH and line out to the tuner.

My questions: Does this work or are there drawbacks? Does this make even sense or is there a better solution?

Thank you very much!

Edited by olbrecht
Added Tags

On 8/1/2022 at 3:12 PM, olbrecht said:

My questions: Does this work or are there drawbacks?

You can do it, there are no drawbacks

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 4:54 PM, pianoguyy said:

does the HD500X have a 'line out'?

Yes, if you look at the switch "1/4" OUT" near the pedal is written LINE/AMP, ie the 2 possible output modes of the POD from that type of output.

LINE mode corresponds to LINE OUT.

On 8/1/2022 at 4:54 PM, pianoguyy said:

Define mono.

Why waste time defining "mono" in this case when the OP only needs an additional signal to be sent to its external tuner from the 1/4" output?

Rather I forgot to mention that when the OP wants to tune he better select an empty patch to send only the guitar signal to the tuner, and completely turn down the volume of the monitor/amp or mixer channel so as not to disturb the audience until he has finished tuning.

Using instead the built-in tuner is much easier..

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

On 8/1/2022 at 6:01 PM, hurghanico said:

Rather I forgot to mention that when the OP wants to tune he better select an empty patch to send only the guitar signal to the tuner, and completely turn down the volume of the monitor/amp or mixer channel so as not to disturb the audience until he has finished tuning.

Using instead the built-in tuner is much easier..

Thank you for the suggestion, but as I said the built in tuner has two main problems for me: generating noise when switching to/from it and it's too slow.

But wow! I'm really ... and I mean REALLY stupid, not thinking of the fact that the audience will hear my tuning. The workaround with the empty patch is a brilliant suggestion.

Thank you very much!

On 8/2/2022 at 9:20 AM, olbrecht said:

not thinking of the fact that the audience will hear my tuning. The workaround with the empty patch is a brilliant suggestion.

..actually the empty patch suggestion is only for sending the dry guitar signal (as it should be when tuning) to the tuner, not for muting the output.

However if your tuner also has an output and has the "mute" function when it is engaged IMO the best solution would be to connect it between the guitar and the POD, or you could use instead a good clip-on tuner always applied on the guitar headstock

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips