Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Low output on low E string.

Anyone out there experiece a low output on the low E string on the acoustic patches?   I have a JVT 59 and a Helix.  In Workbench I put the low E at 100% and all the others at 70% and I still can't get the low E to balance with the rest of the strings.  Mainly working with the Martin D (Acoustic 1) but it occurs on all the acoustic patches.

Isoprpyl alcohol on a cotton swab, drip it it onto the piezo, then blow it out with canned air.

Repeat as needed.

If that doesn't fix, then the piezo may be on the verge of failing. At that point, take to a Line 6

authorized repair for servicing.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem with a JTV-89F but with the "A" string - I thought I had the problem resolved but it's back again.

I have noticed that if I have the guitar plugged into an amp without turning on the modeling all the strings are even / balanced. As soon as I turn on the modeling the "A" string has less output/volume.  All the others remain as they should. I've checked all the global volume settings and everything is set to 100%.

Did you ever figure out what was causing this for you?

I haven't performed the cleaning step - I'll give it a try but it seems very strange that cleaning it would have anything to do with it if the strings all sound normal except for when using the modeling - ie if plugged into an amp and using it as is with the models every string is clear as a bell.

On 9/11/2022 at 12:10 AM, terry6422000 said:

I haven't performed the cleaning step - I'll give it a try but it seems very strange that cleaning it would have anything to do with it if the strings all sound normal except for when using the modeling - ie if plugged into an amp and using it as is with the models every string is clear as a bell.

Actually, I think the fact that the strings all sound normal when not using the modeling is exactly why the cleaning could have everything to do with it. The issue is with the modeling, which depends on the piezo under saddle pickups. Any dust or dirt affecting the contacts in the piezos will affect only the modeling, not the mag pickups.

(P.S. I assume you made a typo in your last clause above, when you say everything is clear as a bell ‘with’ the models. It contradicts your earlier comments and your overall complaint so I suppose you meant to say ‘without’ the modeling.)