Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I use the MXR Tap Tempo switch with HX Stomp? If so, can someone PLEASE tell me how?

bshilkitus

No.

Did somebody tell you that this would work?

EDIT: Yes, I didn't turn the knob far enough to see the FS4/5 Tap option.

ALSO, you CAN control Tap Tempo externally using MIDI (CC#64 Value >63), and you COULD use the MXR switch with one of these:

MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller; General Purpose Input to MIDI

for US $159. (maybe you can find one for less...)

OR

use this instead of the MXR for US $99

MIDI Baby — Disaster Area Designs

This is a better plan, and can also be used WITH the MXR for other things.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 12:28 AM, bshilkitus said:

Can I use the MXR Tap Tempo switch with HX Stomp?  If so, can someone PLEASE tell me how?  

I have spent hours trying to get this to work.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Yes. :)

You can control Tap/Tuner with an external switch, via Global Settings. Depending if is it's a two switch pedal or a single switch, you'll be setting FS4 and/or FS5 as TAP/Tuner and it will work just fine. Holding the switch will kick into Tuner, tapping will set the tempo. If it's a single switch I believe you need to split the HX Stomp Footswitch port with a Y cable (TRS to TS/TS), as this port it's for two exp pedals or two FS.

I do that with a cheap but very solid Ampero Switch, and works flawless. I can't see why you couldn't use that MXR Tap to do the same. As soon as it's a momentary FS, it should work once properly setup in the Globals.

Ampero Switch Momentary Dual Footswitch

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2022 at 1:23 AM, PierM said:

Yes. :)

You can control Tap/Tuner with an external switch, via Global Settings. Depending if is it's a two switch pedal or a single switch, you'll be setting FS4 and/or FS5 as TAP/Tuner and it will work just fine.

You're right! I didn't turn the knob far enough to see the FS4/5 Tap option. My bad!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

HI! I'll join the conversation.
I'm also looking for a switch/tap tempo (because they are really small and take up little space) that instead of acting as a tap tempo/tuner I can set it to change the presets, so as if it were an FS4.
In your opinion is it possible, can it work? Or are they switches set just for tap tempo?

I was looking in particular at source audio which costs even less than mxr
https://www.thomann.de/it/source_audio_toolbox_tap_tempo_switch.htm