Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can HX Stomp do the following, if yes, I'll buy ^_^

pureaddict

Hi all,

I have a use for HX Stomp if the following setup can be used, if somebody could please confirm, that would be amazing.  I just can't get my hands on one to try.

This is the basic functionality I wish to have in a static patch.

I want to use my own comp/gain/mod pedals and switcher up to my amp head (HK Deluxe 40), I then wish to come out of FX loop to HX for time based FX.

These FX must be 2 delays in parallel (digital delay (in line) with parallel tape delay (full wet)) with external midi sync and a following reverb.

I must be able to latch open/close the tape delay effect at any time (either on board or external switch it doesn't matter).

Latchable Freeze or Hold effect.

After the FX loop returns to the amp (and my onstage speaker), I wish to take the amp DI signal back to HX stomp, add a/my cab IR and then send the whole lot out of HX to FOH in mono.

Advanced setup I would like

All as above, but with a (separate?) stereo FX send to the desk, a sort of Wet Dry Wet setup

I'm hoping HX can be the answer to my prayers :)

Thanks all in advance <3

Paul

I appreciate your response.

As far as I can tell it's 5 blocks including the block for 4cm. 2 delays in parallel, 1 reverb and a cab sim. (6 if parallel needs a block idk, I dont have one)

I was thinking I could go amp fx loop -> HX input -> delays -> HX Send -> amp fx return -> amp di -> HX Return -> Cab sim -> HX out -> FOH

Is it not possible to flow in and out of the device this way?

Thanks, 

Paul

pureaddict1.thumb.png.53377a07243d02a4e81a7409fbb16e5c.png

Your Stereo Sends are already in use, so if you want to use an IR you're stuck with MONO to FOH. If you want STEREO to FOH you need to use the Dual Cab Block with stock cabs, which is what I've done in the example.

The DRY MONO Send to FOH is not balanced, so you'll likely need a DI. You mentioned W/D/W to the board, and that is what this configuration would give you. If you want the WET signal in MONO just use only the L/MONO Out.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do with the switches. You can Bypass any effect with the on-board switches, but you may need to use MIDI for the rest.

I've used all stereo fx - Simple Delay, Transistor Tape Delay and Dynamic Plate Reverb. Depending on which fx you choose, you may run into DSP problems. Switching to mono fx can sometimes help that. IOW - you may have to balance which fx will do the job vs stereo.

In Global Settings>MIDI/Tap set Rx MIDI Clock to Auto.

Your Output and Sends will likely need to be set to LINE. Hope your FOH tech has a decent board and knows what he's doing.

I think I covered it all. If you choose to buy an HXS, get it from a store with a good returns policy JIC :-)!

• Upvote 1

Ok!! Thank you rd2rk, my apologies, the first post WAS asking quite a lot

The "simple" version I just mentioned above is possible without the wet dry wet shenanigans?

block for 4cm, 2 delays in parallel, 1 reverb and a cab sim

amp fx loop -> HX input -> delays+reverb -> HX Send -> amp fx return -> amp di -> HX Return -> Cab sim -> HX out -> FOH

I have a DI that can do the trick :)

And I'm sure I can get the switches to do as I want ;)

I would be happy to be full mono and have just this functionality with custom IR tbh, it would solve about 40 problems xD

On 8/11/2022 at 7:33 PM, pureaddict said:

I appreciate your response.

As far as I can tell it's 5 blocks including the block for 4cm. 2 delays in parallel, 1 reverb and a cab sim. (6 if parallel needs a block idk, I dont have one)

I was thinking I could go amp fx loop -> HX input -> delays -> HX Send -> amp fx return -> amp di -> HX Return -> Cab sim -> HX out -> FOH

Is it not possible to flow in and out of the device this way?

Thanks, 

Paul

Isnt about number of blocks, but about how much DSP each effect is eating. :) Freeze/hold (poly sustain), tape delay, digital delay, reverb, cab/IR....that's too much DSP for the stomp.

PS: my comment is referred to your original plan, first post. :)

As I've mentioned, my first post WAS asking too much, I have simplified it, your input would be appreciated :D

2 delays in parallel, 1 reverb and a cab sim

amp fx loop -> HX input -> delays+reverb -> HX Send -> amp fx return -> amp di -> HX Return -> Cab sim -> HX out -> FOH

On 8/11/2022 at 8:19 PM, pureaddict said:

As I've mentioned, my first post WAS asking too much, I have simplified it, your input would be appreciated :D

2 delays in parallel, 1 reverb and a cab sim

That is already covered by the rd2rk post. :)

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2022 at 12:09 PM, pureaddict said:

Ok!! Thank you rd2rk, my apologies, the first post WAS asking quite a lot

The "simple" version I just mentioned above is possible without the wet dry wet shenanigans?

block for 4cm, 2 delays in parallel, 1 reverb and a cab sim

I have a DI that can do the trick :)

And I'm sure I can get the switches to do as I want ;)

I would be happy to be full mono and have just this functionality with custom IR tbh, it would solve about 40 problems xD

Here ya go - no stereo, no shenanigans. All MONO FX (lower DSP usage), IR.

Use the L/Mono Out to FOH. While you don't technically NEED a DI with this (main outs are balanced), a DI prevents a less than skilled sound guy from sending phantom power and having a ground switch might come in handy.

pureaddict2.thumb.png.4f269c63beae424e01e60d6b7202ac24.png

pureaddict2.hlx

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2