Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native Split Explanation

Papanate

I understand how the Split works - what I don't know is how does Split Crossover and Split Dynamic work?

Split Crossover does what exactly? Does it High Pass everything above the frequency set? And If you reverse 

it does it low pass everything below the frequency set?

Then with the Split Dynamic - is it just a compressor in place?

I know how the Split Y and Split A/B work - but how does the Split Dynamic and Split Crossover work? Do they take everything after the split point and negate it?

Thanks for any answers.

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 2.47.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 2.51.41 PM.png

On 8/12/2022 at 8:03 PM, Papanate said:

I know how the Split Y and Split A/B work - but how does the Split Dynamic and Split Crossover work?

Hi,

You really should read the Helix Native 3.15 Pilot’s Guide, available by clicking on the question mark icon, in the lower left of the GUI window.

On page 48 you will find this explanation:-

• Split Crossover: Splits the audio content so that treble frequencies are sent to Path A, and bass frequencies are sent to Path B (or the path routing is reversed when Reverse is On). Use the Frequency parameter to set the center frequency; Any signal above this frequency is sent to Path A, and any signal below this frequency is sent to Path B
  • Split Dynamic: Similar to a crossover, except the audio content above the audio Threshold is sent to Path A, and the content below the audio Threshold is sent to Path B (or the path routing is reversed when Reverse is On). Attack determines how fast the signal routes to Path B once reaching the Threshold, and Release determines how fast the signal returns to Path A once falling below the Threshold. Typically, higher values result in a smoother transition.

Oh, lucky you - I just did all that for you, but read it all the same - you never know what you might discover next.

Hope this helps/makes sense

• Upvote 2

On 8/12/2022 at 7:41 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

You really should read the Helix Native 3.15 Pilot’s Guide,

I did look at the Pilots Guide - but couldn't find Split Crossover when I searched.

On 8/12/2022 at 7:41 PM, datacommando said:

On page 48 you will find this explanation:-

• Split Crossover: Splits the audio content so that treble frequencies are sent to Path A, and bass frequencies are sent to Path B (or the path routing is reversed when Reverse is On). Use the Frequency parameter to set the center frequency; Any signal above this frequency is sent to Path A, and any signal below this frequency is sent to Path B
  • Split Dynamic: Similar to a crossover, except the audio content above the audio Threshold is sent to Path A, and the content below the audio Threshold is sent to Path B (or the path routing is reversed when Reverse is On). Attack determines how fast the signal routes to Path B once reaching the Threshold, and Release determines how fast the signal returns to Path A once falling below the Threshold. Typically, higher values result in a smoother transitio

Thank you - that helped me a lot.

• Thanks 1