Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT Snapshot mode question

NevenT

Got an LT with button 1 set for a gain block.  My question is, isn't there a way to hit button 1 again to turn off that gain pedal so I would have a clean tone?

I'm having to use another button to set it without using the gain block, but was wondering if you have it set on button 1, can that turn on and off that particular block in Snapshot mode?

Thanks for replying.

Assuming your button 1 is defined as a snapshot, the easiest and most obvious way is to assign the gain block to a stomp rather than a snapshot.  That way it just enables and disables the block like any pedal on a pedalboard.  Snapshots are really designed for accomplishing multiple changes across different blocks.  You could potentially do it with a stomp that's separate from your snapshot, however your snapshot wouldn't be able to detect the current status of the stomp as it just assumes the state of the stomp block based on it's status when the snapshot was saved.  There may be other types of approaches but without knowing what it is you're actually trying to accomplish it's hard to make any recommendations.

• Upvote 2