Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How come my amp list is mostly all greyed out?

357mag

I'm trying to build my own preset starting from scratch and I placed a few effects on the upper chain along with an amp and a cabinet. I successfully split the chain so I got that second line underneath the top line and I want to place another amp on that second line but when I look at my amp list most all of them are greyed out and not accessible.

I don't get why.

Click on the upper path's output block. In the EDIT pane select Path 2A.

You now have the full processing power of BOTH processors at your disposal.

Move your amp to Path 2A and split the path there to get your parallel amps.

In the over 7 years I've had my Helix I think I've only encountered having amps or effects dimmed out due to a lack of DSP a handful of times in a set of over 300 presets.  Each time it was easily fixed by changing things around in the signal chains.  But that's probably because I don't have any "everything but the kitchen sink" presets.....

On 8/17/2022 at 6:51 AM, 357mag said:

when I look at my amp list most all of them are greyed out and not accessible.

I don't get why.

Helix Rack and Control 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev E - English - Page 24 - Dynamic DSP/Tips to Optimize DSP.

Simple really.

On 8/17/2022 at 6:54 AM, 357mag said:

Unless I am not allowed to place another amp on the second line where it splits? I have to go to the bottom line with the X None in front of it and put my amp there.

Helix Rack and Control 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev E - English - Pages 20-22 - Serial vs. Parallel Routing.

Simple really.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a41871c611d5f796d55e/application/pdf/Helix Rack and Control 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev E - English .pdf

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 8/17/2022 at 7:24 AM, DunedinDragon said:

In the over 7 years I've had my Helix I think I've only encountered having amps or effects dimmed out due to a lack of DSP a handful of times in a set of over 300 presets.  Each time it was easily fixed by changing things around in the signal chains.  But that's probably because I don't have any "everything but the kitchen sink" presets.....

I run into it quite often, but I also run a preset/song approach and sometimes those songs with 2 or 3 sounds in them can be tricky.  I find splitting the amps (line 1) and cabs (line 2) help a lot.  I think of the 2 paths as a pre/post section of my signal flow.  Only sometimes depending on the amp or poly block choices do I have to shift an amp to the bottom line.