Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Noise gate

AATDband

I never use noise gate... but the one that is "built in" into the input block with default settings works flawlessly.   Give it a try. 

I use single coils, but never ever had a reason to use the noise gate to date.... I use Burns TriSonic, maybe they are not as noisy as what you have.  430992160_ScreenShot2022-08-18at10_41_42AM.thumb.png.2701c969f74ae98577d289d8005cbdac.png

Your problem sounds like your decay parameter setting. The basics for setting noise gate levels are this. Plug in but do not play at all. For now, make sure the decay is turned down. Turn the threshold parameter all the way up and then slowly lower it until you start hearing noise (white noise, hiss, whatever you want to call it). Then slowly raise the threshold right until the noise stops. The other thing is decay. Turn the decay up, strum a chord once and let it ring and fade out on its' own. It will more than likely cut the chord off too early. If it cuts off too early lower the decay and try again. Keep doing that until it sounds the way you want it to. That may mean hearing a little noise with your note. Hope this helps.

• Upvote 4

I assign the 'Threshold' parameter to my snapshots. Noisier more overdriven snapshots get a threshold setting that kicks in just early enough to kill most/all of the noise but not so early that it kills my sustain.  Clean snapshots tend to generate little noise and get a threshold setting that either rarely or never kicks in.

• Like 2