Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT - go to Snapshot 1 when changing Mode?

bg56

Apologies if this is already covered in the forum but I didn't see this specific topic during my searches.  On Helix LT, I use modes for each song in a set with different snapshot in each mode.  When switching modes to go to the next song, the Helix stays on the same snapshot number and I have to scroll back down to snapshot 1.  Is there a way to automatically go to snapshot 1 when switching modes?
Thanks

Are you changing presets when you change songs? If so, perhaps the issue is not Modes. You need to be aware that the Snapshot that is active when a preset is loaded is the Snapshot that was active when the preset was last Saved. Try editing your presets so that Snapshot 1 is active when you Save the preset.

• Upvote 1

@silverhead - I took your advice and found whatever snapshot is the last one to be saved will be the one to start when I change modes.  I just need to always save snapshot 1 LAST and it works exactly as I want for performance.  THANKS!

On 8/29/2022 at 2:28 PM, bg56 said:

@silverhead - I took your advice and found whatever snapshot is the last one to be saved will be the one to start when I change modes.  I just need to always save snapshot 1 LAST and it works exactly as I want for performance.  THANKS!

Great. Just to clarify, each time you Save you aren’t saving a snapshot. You are saving the preset. So, yes, if the last Save of the preset happens to have Snapshot 1 active then Snapshot 1 will be active when the preset is recalled. 

Alternatively, in Global Settings -> Preferences you could set the Snapshot Edits parameter to Recall. That way you would not have to Save the preset after each Snapshot change. You could make desired changes to all Snapshots and simply make sure that Snapshot 1 is active when you finally Save the preset.

• 2 weeks later...