Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Edit öffnet nicht

Swobsch

On 8/22/2022 at 7:48 PM, Swobsch said:

Hey Leute,

ich habe die Edit Software installiert, jedoch öffnet diese nicht.

Hi,
Nicht viele Informationen, mit denen man hier arbeiten kann.
Sie haben welchen Editor für welches Produkt auf welchem Computertyp installiert?

Aus der Bedienungsanleitung:

‘HX Edit’ Software

Am besten laden Sie sich die “HX Edit” App für Mac oder PC herunter (siehe line6.com/software).

“HX Edit” ist ein üppig ausgestatteter Editor mit Verwaltungsfunktionen für Sounds und Impulsantworten. Nutzen Sie sie, um den Speicherinhalt des HX Stomp zu archivieren und neuere Software-Versionen zu installieren (siehe unten). Man kann mehr als einen Helix bzw. ein HX-Gerät anschließen – “HX Edit” zeigt für jedes Gerät ein separates Fenster an.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f04fc611d63b2c7c3e/application/pdf/HX Stomp 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev D - German .pdf

Hoffe, das hilft / macht Sinn

Hi,
Not much information to work with here.
You installed what Editor, for what product, on what type of computer?

From the Owner's manual:

HX Edit Application

Be sure to grab the free HX Edit application for Mac and PC—available for download at line6.com/software.

HX Edit is a full-featured editor and preset & IR librarian, and allows you to easily create & restore full Helix device backups, and update your device to the latest firmware (also see the next section). You can connect more than one Helix and/or HX device, and HX Edit will display an individual application window for each.

Hope this helps/makes sense

Edited by datacommando
added link

On 8/23/2022 at 2:39 PM, Swobsch said:

hey.

mein laptop ist auf windows 10. habe hx edit runtergeladen und istalliert. ledier lässt sich das programm nicht öffnen.

Translate:
my laptop is on windows 10. i downloaded hx edit and installed it. Unfortunately, the program cannot be opened.

Hey,

Wieder einmal machen Sie die Dinge nicht sehr klar.
Sie müssen HX Edit über den Link im Menü oben auf dieser Seite herunterladen.
Die Version Ihrer Firmware in Ihrem Hardwaregerät und die Version des Editors müssen übereinstimmen.
Die aktuelle Version ist 3.15

Hi,

Once again you don't make things very clear.
You must download HX Edit from the link in the menu at the top of this page.
The version of your firmware in your hardware device and the version of the editor must match.
The current version is 3.15

On 8/23/2022 at 9:39 AM, Swobsch said:

hey.

mein laptop ist auf windows 10. habe hx edit runtergeladen und istalliert. ledier lässt sich das programm nicht öffnen.

I'm having the same problem, also with a Windows 10 laptop. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the most recent version several times, and it never opens. I'm waiting to hear back from the support team. No idea why it's happening. But I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

On 8/24/2022 at 2:40 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

I'm having the same problem, also with a Windows 10 laptop. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the most recent version several times, and it never opens. I'm waiting to hear back from the support team. No idea why it's happening. But I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Hi,

Just to be perfectly clear about this situation - the file which you downloaded file is named "HX Edit v3.15 Installer.exe". The reason I ask is because in the title of this thread it states "Line 6 Edit öffnet nicht", which in English reads, "Line 6 Edit does not open".  Thats an entirely different application, and was trying to make that point to the OP, by quoting from the manual in bold text - HX Edit’ Software. It could be a very easy mistake to make as they are both close tougher in the software listings.

When you download the HX Edit software it runs a checksum procedure to ensure that the installer is not corrupted during the transfer. If it downloaded, and the installer ran, then the software should be installed correctly - unless of course you have inadvertently installed "Line 6 Edit" which is for the PODxt, Flextone and Vetta range of products.

I would imagine, if this was a sudden spate of HX Edit software failing to open on Windows machines, then the interwebs would be alive with complaints.

On 8/24/2022 at 10:36 AM, datacommando said:

Hi,

Just to be perfectly clear about this situation - the file which you downloaded file is named "HX Edit v3.15 Installer.exe". The reason I ask is because in the title of this thread it states "Line 6 Edit öffnet nicht", which in English reads, "Line 6 Edit does not open".  Thats an entirely different application, and was trying to make that point to the OP, by quoting from the manual in bold text - HX Edit’ Software. It could be a very easy mistake to make as they are both close tougher in the software listings.

When you download the HX Edit software it runs a checksum procedure to ensure that the installer is not corrupted during the transfer. If it downloaded, and the installer ran, then the software should be installed correctly - unless of course you have inadvertently installed "Line 6 Edit" which is for the PODxt, Flextone and Vetta range of products.

I would imagine, if this was a sudden spate of HX Edit software failing to open on Windows machines, then the interwebs would be alive with complaints.

The OP mentioned HX Edit in his reply to you, so I suppose I'm guessing that the thread title just has Line 6 Edit confused for HX Edit. I was confused too, the first time I saw it. Either way, it sounds like they're having the same problem that I am. 

And yes, I'm trying to use HX Edit 3.15. But before that, I had the same problem with 3.11 the last time I tried to open it - it wouldn't launch. I had used it on this computer plenty of times before, and the computer is working normally otherwise, so I don't know what changed. I figured an uninstall and fresh download and restart would fix it, but no luck so far.

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2022 at 6:27 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

The OP mentioned HX Edit in his reply to you, so I suppose I'm guessing that the thread title just has Line 6 Edit confused for HX Edit. I was confused too, the first time I saw it. Either way, it sounds like they're having the same problem that I am. 

And yes, I'm trying to use HX Edit 3.15. But before that, I had the same problem with 3.11 the last time I tried to open it - it wouldn't launch. I had used it on this computer plenty of times before, and the computer is working normally otherwise, so I don't know what changed. I figured an uninstall and fresh download and restart would fix it, but no luck so far.

Oh, no - the return of the dreaded “SD Card” causing HX Edit failing to open.

There were stacks of these incidents a while back. It didn’t come to mind initially, because a lot of the older threads included HX Native also failing to launch, and actually causing Windows to crash. That was not immediately apparent in these posts. I should have spotted that earlier. Oh, hum!

Looks like you found the fix now though.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 7:48 PM, Swobsch said:

Hey Leute,

ich habe die Edit Software installiert, jedoch öffnet diese nicht.

Hallo nochmal - Wenn Sie eine SD-Karte in Ihren Laptop eingelegt haben, entfernen Sie sie und dann sollte HX Edit wie erwartet funktionieren.

Hoffe, das hilft / macht Sinn.

Hello again - If you have an SD card in your laptop, remove it and then HX Edit should work as expected.
Hope this helps/makes sense.