Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix audio out to Bluetooth signal?

ichasedx

Hello to all,

I was just sitting outside on my deck, where I have 2 bluetooth enabled speakers. I had a thought, if I could send my audio out from the Helix floor via bluetooth to the speakers, I could have my pedalboard and everything inside the house and just jam away outside, wireless for the guitar of course. 

Is this possible? What would I need?

Thanks as always,

Mike

The concept makes sense. However, the practical reality is that most Bluetooth devices introduce significant latency; some much more than others! So, the reality is you certainly could get any one of a number of Bluetooth transmitter devices to connect to your Helix Output to Pair to your outdoor speakers and you'd be good to go -- if you can tolerate the total transmission latency!! As you mentioned you're connecting your guitar wirelessly, there's already a bit of latency inherent in that link. The output Bluetooth link's latency will be additional. Post back what you discover to share with others. 

P.S. From your username, I presume you have a Callsign? 

Apparently MusicLaw and I had the same thought at the same time. His was better, I forgot to mention latency.

You need a Bluetooth transmitter. They make them for TVs. They generally have a 3.5 mm plug so you would also need a Y cable that goes from the Helix 1/4 in outs to a female stereo adapter or you could just plug it into the headphone out. They make fancier Bluetooth transmitters with more inputs which may eliminate the need for the cable. I'm not an engineer so try this at your own risk.

On 8/26/2022 at 2:03 PM, MusicLaw said:

P.S. From your username, I presume you have a Callsign? 

I have given up the HAM stuff years ago. After getting involved in contesting, etc. I think the hobby ran it's course. Callsign K2VZ. Just never got around to changing my email.

Got it! I too have not been active with the HAM stuff for years. Still have all the gear, etc., so perhaps one day I might fire it up again.... Sort of like accumulating Guitars, Amps, Pedals, and accessories. Have a great weekend!