Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A little confused...

357mag

In one of my other posts in which I posted a picture of my signal chain, someone mentioned the X None which you see at the beginning of the second signal path, and I was told that that means no input there. So it's my understanding then that would mean that path is dead if you see the X None at the beginning.

But I have watched videos on YouTube in which people have placed effects (like a reverb) on this second path and their effect works. It is audible in your sound.

So hence I am confused.

I also explained that in order to use the lower Path you need to click on the OUTPUT BLOCK of the upper Path and then in the lower edit pane select Path 2A.

I also mentioned that you REALLY need to RTM. Videos are NOT the best way to learn this stuff!

• Upvote 1

I did a search on YouTube for how to make a Heavy Metal preset and I just happened to notice that this guy name Nick Hill was placing a reverb on that second signal path. His video is here. At about 19:33 into the video you can see him placing his room reverb on the second signal path. But he must have done the output block thing and chosen Path 2A. He did not show that in his video though.

19:18 in the video.... "I'll send this to the 2nd path"....

At that moment, he changed the output of the UPPER PATH to send to the LOWER PATH.... and the lower path now starts with an X, but with an arrow above it signaling that it is now getting it's input from the upper path. THEN he adds the reverb... which will work in that configuration. 

On 8/28/2022 at 3:53 PM, 357mag said:

I missed that part of the video. And in the manual it is actually page 17.

Thank You.

In Rev F (the latest English version) it's page 16, but whatever. Glad you got it sorted.

On 8/28/2022 at 11:08 PM, rd2rk said:

In Rev F (the latest English version) it's page 16, but whatever. Glad you got it sorted.

Hi,

This guy has a Helix Rack - so in Rev E (latest English version) it has “Choosing an Output” on pages 17 and 18.

I’m actually slightly amazed that he eventually took time to look. In a reply to one of this guys earlier posts, I did tell you to “strap in, it’s gonna be a long ride”. I lost count of how many times you suggested he should RTM.

I’m the one who originally thought he was trolling us with the calibre (see what I did there) of some of the stuff he asks. It’s totally bizarre, and I’m half expecting the “can Helix do the Andy Summers Massage in a Brothel” ‘thing once more.

This place gets more and more weird, and I’m getting too old for this madness.

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2022 at 4:34 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

This guy has a Helix Rack - so in Rev E (latest English version) it has “Choosing an Output” on pages 17 and 18.

I’m actually slightly amazed that he eventually took time to look. In a reply to one of this guys earlier posts, I did tell you to “strap in, it’s gonna be a long ride”. I lost count of how many times you suggested he should RTM.

I’m the one who originally thought he was trolling us with the calibre (see what I did there) some of the stuff he asks. It’s totally bizarre, and I’m half expecting the “can Helix do the Andy Summers Massage in a Brothel” ‘thing once more.

This place gets more and more weird, and I’m getting too old for this madness.

Sometimes it's hard to remember who's got what - is this the guy with the Stomp or the guy with the Rack?

I just got back from a week in hell (Kansas) and I'm trying to catch up with half a dozen threads here and elsewhere that have been in limbo for a week.

My brain hurts. I'm skating on the edge of IDGAS territory. Time for some LOUD AC/DC!

I'm getting too old for this too.

I have to think about it like this - since I don't have kids it's how I earn my Angel Wings. ;-)

• Upvote 1