Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi App Bug?

julioborko

I've noticed sometimes mine is grayed out and sometimes, even when it's lit up, I can't select it and have the tone moved to the amp.  Although, closingthe app and restarting it always seems to fix it and lets me then move my tome to the haradware.  Might try that to see if it fixes your grayed out problem.

I've noticed sometimes mine is grayed out and sometimes, even when it's lit up, I can't select it and have the tone moved to the amp.  Although, closingthe app and restarting it always seems to fix it and lets me then move my tome to the haradware.  Might try that to see if it fixes your grayed out problem.

Yes. That does work - most of the time. It's a pain. I say sometimes because sometimes I have to restart the app several times. I also noticed there's a lot of lag time in the app - so maybe it's just really lagging on that function and I'm too impatient to wait for it. I experience lag with my tap tempo for delay. Hopefully a bug fix in the future?

I'm curious if this has to do with the iDevice.  What model are you using?

I have an iPad 2, which I guess is considered "old" now, and have had bluetooth drop out.  I like to wander around when I play and if I cross between the amp and iPad it can dropout

I also experience slowness and delays navigating around in the app which actually drives me nuts to the point and turn it and the Amplifi off and walk away.  Perhaps the processing power in an iPad 2 when combined with both bluetooth and wifi communications is making my experience frustrating.  FWIW, iOS is at latest version as well as the firmware on the Amplifi.

But, then again I'm not a big fan of using one finger to do control everything.  My finger don't always seem to register on the screen and my accuracy hitting the right thing seems to be off.  I guess that's just me though.  I grew up with technology using a keyboard.  Just a keyboard.  Mice didn't come into play until we starting using Windows 3.0.

- Tony

Hi man, I've just purchased a new Amplifi too. On top of that I bought a new iPad Air as well. I though it's goona bee smooth sailing and all. But the audio do drop here and there once in a while. Even when they were doing the demo in the music store (CK Music, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia). Great people by the way.

I pored it up with my HTC one (android) for normal audio playback also drops her end there. But I am guessing that it's because of the Bluetooth capability isn't good. The phone can't go more than half a meter away from the speaker.

But with my iPad Air I can go for a few meters. But once in a while drops, like once every hour or so.

I really hope they can improve on the firmware in the future. It is the first of it's kind. I would be patient.

Anything new always need a little tweaking here and there. I hope line 6 people actually read this forum. If not then the whole community thing I just useless. Waiting for a recording capability on thi with the USB port that is available.