Latest drivers suddenly incompatible with Windows 11

jesperbc

Windows 11 Security Center is telling me, that my drivers are incompatible with the security option "Memory integrity". 

Is there a fix for this? I've looked for newer drivers, but don't seem to be able to find any.

Sincerely,

Jesper

image.thumb.png.1d36d863b51eb01378bd96677861b940.png

On 9/3/2022 at 6:53 PM, jesperbc said:

looked for newer drivers, but don't seem to be able to find any.

Hi,

I think that you should have named this thread - “Windows 11 suddenly incompatible with latest Line 6 drivers”.

This has been brought to folks attention previously in this thread here:

This on a par with the Mac fraternity blaming Line 6 for issues brought about by Apple making changes to their OS.

People require time to catch up with spurious updates. 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/why-do-incompatible-drivers-prevent-using-memory-integrity-0b7ae567-74de-ee03-1030-9e6fe0d6f4b6

Edited by datacommando
Added link
  • Upvote 2

On 9/3/2022 at 4:26 PM, shawndeveau said:

Line6 writes garbage software. I have a tonne of music-related drivers on my computer - only the Line6 ones fail.

And yet, I have over 300gb of music-related programs, plug-ins and drivers on both of my computers and none (including the Line6 ones) have ever failed in over 10 years of full-time daily use in either my studio or live system.  I wonder what the difference could be?  Oh yeah..you install and maintain the software on your computer,  and I do the same on mine!!!

On 9/3/2022 at 9:18 PM, datacommando said:

I think that you should have named this thread - “Windows 11 suddenly incompatible with latest Line 6 drivers”.

Honestly, I didn't make this post to debate what came first, the chicken or the egg...

On 9/3/2022 at 9:18 PM, datacommando said:

This on a par with the Mac fraternity blaming Line 6 for issues brought about by Apple making changes to their OS.

People require time to catch up with spurious updates. 

From what we usually see in the computer realm, companies releasing hardware expected to work with Windows, will have to put in the work to update their drivers, so their hardware works with the latest update to the user's operating system. This isn't that. This is just a OS notification telling me, that my drivers are insecure following the latest update to Windows 11.

I'm not complaining that my HX Stomp isn't working - it still works just fine with Windows 11 and HX Edit, and neither am I complaining that Line 6 hasn't updated their drivers. I simply asked if newer drivers were available, hoping that someone from Line 6 would reply and tell me that new drivers are "in the pipeline expected to drop soon"... 

• Like 1

Always give priority to the workstation goal before the windows update.

Common rule for DAWs or graphics workstations is to hold system updates, unless it's really necessary.

Never let Windows to just auto update overnight.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2022 at 8:16 PM, jesperbc said:

hoping that someone from Line 6 would reply and tell me that new drivers are "in the pipeline expected to drop soon"... 

That’s some big hope!

We are all simple Helix/HX product users in here.

There are no Line staff here, and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums!”

If you really need to attract the attention of someone who actually works for Line 6, then your best option is over in the Digital and Modelling Group area on TGP, or the Helix Family group on Facebook.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?forums/digital-modeling-gear.53/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/428105950706417

Oh, yeah - You will need to get used to the idea that you will only ever find out about when something “drops” after it has happened.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 2

I've tried deleting this driver via this:

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/defender-core-isolation-memory-integrity-incompatible-drivers/

Problem is it isn't listed with a "Published Name", and I can't find it by searching through file explorer.  Also, I can't find it in device manager.

I'd like to delete it.  I'm down to roll back to Windows 10 if I absolutely have to, but my preference is to just delete the driver.

Just turn memory integrity off and be happy.

I do work as GFX lead for a company for a living, and if I should worry about that microsoft bullsh** I couldnt work at all, since 70% of certified drivers I do use every day, are now flagged as not compliant with core isolation.

Just turn the s**t off.

• Upvote 3

On 9/12/2022 at 2:06 PM, PierM said:

Just turn memory integrity off and be happy.

That's exactly what I did. Haven't had any issues either.

On 9/12/2022 at 12:26 AM, datacommando said:

There are no Line staff here, and only very occasionally do they visit these forums

Slightly disappointing. 

On 9/12/2022 at 12:26 AM, datacommando said:

Oh, yeah - You will need to get used to the idea that you will only ever find out about when something “drops” after it has happened.

I've noticed that with the Helix firmware updates. They're just suddenly there. :D

• Upvote 2

On 9/11/2022 at 5:26 PM, datacommando said:

There are no Line staff here, and only very occasionally do they visit these forums

On 9/12/2022 at 12:58 PM, jesperbc said:

Slightly disappointing. 

Why would it be disappointing? These are user forums. Users helping users. You have direct access to LINE 6 through the TICKET SYSTEM which is much easier for them to keep track of. Log into your account and open a support ticket. 

This was a recent WINDOWS UPDATE that started this mess, not a Line 6 update. Microsoft changed the rules, and now developers are playing catch up yet again. At least this time Microsoft provided the ability to TURN OFF their new feature for the time being. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I've had this driver incompatibility issue crop up also when installing HX Edit for the first time on a one year old Windows 11 laptop (Dell 9710, Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2, HX Edit version 3.50). Previously was running HX Edit on a different computer (which didn't support Memory Integrity).

As folks here have noted, turning off Memory Integrity seems to be the accepted solution, even according to Microsoft (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/why-do-incompatible-drivers-prevent-using-memory-integrity-0b7ae567-74de-ee03-1030-9e6fe0d6f4b6).

However, also note that this memory integrity isn't a particularly new feature in Windows, let alone Windows 11: it's been around for at least 4 years and is a security feature dependent on both the OS and hardware support. And one could reasonably expect this to be supported by driver providers given sufficient lead time to update their drivers - 4 years seems like enough lead time :)

Additional References:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/core-isolation-e30ed737-17d8-42f3-a2a9-87521df09b78

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-security/driver-conflict-disabling-core-isolation-switch/m-p/3613514

Line 6 forums search turn up many reports of this issue: https://www.google.com/search?q=turn+off+the+memory+integrity+setting+site%3Aline6.com

On 11/15/2022 at 5:14 AM, PierM said:

Memory Integrity is useless for people using their workstation as they should be used.

That depends on what percentage of people know how to take care of their PC and not do stupid things with it....which is probably around 2% of users from what I can tell......

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1