Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

WinUSB Drivers?

357mag

I'm installing the Helix Drivers and I get to the screen where you choose Helix Drivers and you can also choose WinUSB Drivers. I'm not too clear on the WinUSB Drivers.

Are they talking about just the regular USB Drivers that you install when you first are loading your computer and reinstalling Windows?

If that's what they're talking about I think I can skip those.

On 9/3/2022 at 9:41 PM, 357mag said:

HX Edit is the online editor. I think you have to install drivers first. I will untick the box next to WinUSB Drivers.

Don’t do that. I believe both drivers are necessary. One provides the ASIO apiece for your DAW and the other serves general audio output from your PC (no DAW involved).

You’re right, of course, that HX Edit is the online editor. However, Line 6 has chosen to bundle several components in the HX Edit download. It’s an installer package, not just the HX Edit program. It includes the HX Edit program, the Line 6 Updater program, and all required drivers for the Helix device. They bundle these components together to make it simple for the user. It ensures that the user always installs a compatible set and doesn’t need to know the details of which components are required and compatible. Not all of these components are updated with every Helix update, but sometimes one or more of them are updated. You don’t need to know that.  If you start deselecting them you invite a situation where you have incompatible components installed. Why do that?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1