Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshots user error?

boynigel

I've created a preset with 3 snapshots.  I have a reverb (plateaux) shared for all 3 snapshots within the preset, and have the exp pedal assigned to its decay and mix parameters.  for snapshot 3, which is my guitar solo snapshot, I wanted to have the decay value go way up to 9.6 (w/exp pedal toe fully down) so I could have the last note "hang" as I go back to my verse snapshot while it's still ringing out.  Problem I'm running in to is that when I change the expression pedal tow-down value to 9.6 for decay, that 9.6 max toe-down value holds for all 3 snapshots.  I've read the manual, saved like they said to, but this is what I get.  I don't get it.

This is complicated and may or may not be a known bug. Something similar has been reported but I don't recall the details.

If Global Settings>Exp Pedals> "the Assigned pedal (1 or 2)" = Preset, the snapshot setting is NOT recalled, it defaults to the Exp Pedal Position.

If Global Settings>Exp Pedals> "the Assigned pedal" (1 or 2)"= Snapshot, the snapshot setting is recalled.

However, if you operate the Exp pedal, the Snapshot setting is forgotten.

There may even be other conditions/behaviors that I didn't discover while playing around with this.

Bottom line, if you want to control the parameters by Snapshot, assign them to Snapshots.

That said, keep in mind that if you assign two parameters to an Exp pedal, when you operate the pedal it will set BOTH parameters to the Exp pedal position REGARDLESS of the saved values.

IOW - the parameter settings are ABSOLUTE (linked directly to the PEDAL POSITION) not RELATIVE (linked to the SAVED VALUES).

I may have ABSOLUTE and RELATIVE mixed up in terms of common usage, but hopefully you get the point.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Expression pedal can control the parameter(s) of your choice.  In your case you can set how loud the reverb is: toe is loud reverb, heel is no reverb. 

However you cannot change the "maximum" value of the mix parameter between snapshots.  That maximum value is specified when you add the block and cannot be changed depending on snapshots.  So if you expect to have "toe down" to be 9.6, 5.3, 2.4 in each of the 3 snapshots respectively, that won't work.  If you want to have that behavior, then you'd need to add additional reverb blocks, and bypass unneeded reverbs.

But if that is not an issue, and you simply want the reverb to be adjustable as you please, but be defaulted to specific settings, then rd2rk explains how to set this up.  I personally have my expression pedal position persist between snapshots, because that's what fits my workflow.  I want the wah to be where I leave it, while I add delay/reverb when I select different snapshots....

On 9/5/2022 at 8:03 PM, theElevators said:

If you want to have that behavior, then you'd need to add additional reverb blocks, and bypass unneeded reverbs.

yeah, looks like I would just need to add a 4th snapshot for that last note of the solo...hopefully having spillover "on" will do just that, and not cut the tail off when I go back to the scene that has the reverb set to the exp pedal's value range.  we shall see.