Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Win11 and HD500 drivers: incompatible

pfsmith0

The latest Windows 11 update has a security feature called "Memory Integrity" that complains I have an incompatible driver:

L6PODHD564.sys by Line6, dated 3/30/2012

I have not yet tested if I can still connect the HD500 to my Win11 PC, but I worry about what this means for the future. I doubt Line6 will update this rather old driver. Anyone else have any issues with Win11?

FYI, other drivers that cause the same problem are:

• rdwm1027.sys from Roland (maybe my old PCR USB keyboard, which still works in Win11)
  • GEARAspiWDM.sys from GEAR Software (appears to be part of DVD recording software, which I don't have - not sure where this came from)
  • wdcsam64_Prewin8.sys from Western Digital (not sure where this came from either - lots of videos describe how to remove this).

• Sad 1

On 9/9/2022 at 5:17 AM, pfsmith0 said:

The latest Windows 11 update has a security feature called "Memory Integrity" that complains I have an incompatible driver:

It seems Helix drivers have the same problem in windows 11:

--> Latest drivers suddenly incompatible with Windows 11

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

I submitted some snapshots of the security messages I'm getting with the Line6 drivers and the response I received back was:

Thanks Paul for providing that info. I'll share this with our team, and let you know if I hear anything new about these drivers. I may not have an answer right away, but I'll see what I can find out.

Regards,
Pete

Here's the response I got back from Line6:

Thanks Paul for your patience. Right now, the only work-around to install our drivers is to disable Memory Integrity. I've informed my team about this issue, and they're already aware. This is the only work-around right now for our products. We've made the suggestion to find a possible solution with future updates, but that's not something I can promise for now.

On 9/19/2022 at 7:59 PM, pfsmith0 said:

the only work-around to install our drivers is to disable Memory Integrity

even if it's not ideal at least there is a working solution... same thing for the HX users on windows 11

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Hi,

I've just resurrected my HD 500 for church worship.

After downloading from the Line 6 website, I'm currently running "Line 6 Monkey", version 1.77 and "POD HD500 Edit" version 2.27 on Windows 11.

I also have a POD XT Live for which I've downloaded and will use "Gearbox" to edit patches on my PC.

My desktop PC is a new MSI and came with Windows 11 installed on it.

I've not seen any pop up complaining about "Memory Integrity". 

However when running Monkey it states I need new drivers (from version 4.2.7.6 to version 4.2.7.7).

But in another topic, Support has stated that driver version 4.2.7.7 is causing an issue and that we should install and use version 4.2.7.6... which I am, with no issues.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/8/2022 at 11:17 PM, pfsmith0 said:

I have not yet tested if I can still connect the HD500 to my Win11 PC, but I worry about what this means for the future. I doubt Line6 will update this rather old driver. Anyone else have any issues with Win11?

• rdwm1027.sys from Roland (maybe my old PCR USB keyboard, which still works in Win11)
  • GEARAspiWDM.sys from GEAR Software (appears to be part of DVD recording software, which I don't have - not sure where this came from)
  • wdcsam64_Prewin8.sys from Western Digital (not sure where this came from either - lots of videos describe how to remove this).

I have the same problem...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2022 at 5:17 AM, pfsmith0 said:

Hi, I have the same issue. Did you fix it already? 

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue with Win11 integrity and incompatible L6 drivers.

I have an HX stomp, but it appears the HXEdit app installs Helix, Stomp and PodHD...

I don't use the interface much but... these are the ones Windows lists.. 

image.png

It appears this was first reported almost 18 months ago, and L6 still hasn't fixed it?

I prefer to run with memory integrity active, not disabled.