Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Suggestions Connecting a POD HD (just HD) to a Brand New MacBook Pro (M1 chip)

lavalampguy

A friend gave me this device recently, telling me he couldn't figure it out. Problem is, my new computer only has USB-C ports (and 1 HDMI port). The POD HD only has a USB port... so assuming I'll need an adapter of some sort? Also... did I understand correctly that Line 6 is no longer updating Monkey for anything MacOS-related?

Thanks much!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 12:29 AM, lavalampguy said:

A friend gave me this device recently, telling me he couldn't figure it out. Problem is, my new computer only has USB-C ports (and 1 HDMI port). The POD HD only has a USB port... so assuming I'll need an adapter of some sort? Also... did I understand correctly that Line 6 is no longer updating Monkey for anything MacOS-related?

Thanks much!

You would need a USB-C to USB-A to connect to your Mac. If you want to use the HD edit software there are a few hoops you have to go through to get it to work. See here for that: https://line6.com/support/page/kb/general-faq/operating-system-information/apple-silicon-m1-or-greater-driver-installationremoval-notes-r991/.

Using the POD HD as an interface for audio into a DAW I've found it's not stable at the moment. Check if the new driver works as one was released Sept of 2022.  

Jd