Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 700 acoustic bridge

forasong

I saw a thread on a variax 700 acoustic where the bridge came unglued.  I have exactly the same issue and would like to get it repaired. It was an older thread. Is Parkissian  or anyone else still out there and doing these bridge repairs?? thanks so much. 

• 2 months later...

I had the same thing happen back in 2010.  The guitar was 3  or 4 years old.  Sounded absolutely amazing.  Line 6 just shipped me a different one.  I didn’t even ask,  they just did it.  It had to be the Achilles heel of the design.  But I’ve never heard one that sounded bettter than that early in the line  guitar.  The one I have now never has touched it.  Still I love it.  

But I need to get Workbench going again.  That was key I think.  Does anyone know  the last Mac OS  that the Workbench interface was compatible with?   

FYI, I struggled and bitched and moaned about legacy Workbench support for my old 700 on this forum for years (as I'm sure @psarkissian is aware), but ended up fixing up an old Macbook running old stuff (OSX and Java). It comes in handy not only for the Variax, but also for older audio/musical equipment. I probably use it about once a year. Its an antique! You can get old Macbooks for dirt cheap if you go that route. Since you would be using it for simple dedicated tasks (like running Workbench), it doesn't need to have much in the way of RAM or disk size. FYI, before fixing up the old Macbook I tried using a lot of apps (like Parallels) that could run old versions of OSX on a newer Macbook, but this never worked reliably for me. You want something reliable and solid when you are messing with your Variax's memory.