Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Footswitch on and off?

tikiking9000

I have an HX Stomp. I just want to use it without external controllers. I only need to use the three switches on board. Is there any way to use the same switch that turns on the effect to turn the effect off? I can assign the switch to turn of one effect in the chain but I would like to have one switch bypass all the effect if there is more than one. Just a simple global on/off setting for each preset. TIA

On 9/15/2022 at 3:41 PM, tikiking9000 said:

I have an HX Stomp. I just want to use it without external controllers. I only need to use the three switches on board. Is there any way to use the same switch that turns on the effect to turn the effect off? I can assign the switch to turn of one effect in the chain but I would like to have one switch bypass all the effect if there is more than one. Just a simple global on/off setting for each preset. TIA

Hi,

I think what you are describing is the “Snapshot” function in your HX Stomp.

You can find the full information about Snapshots on Page 38 of the Owner’s Manual available here:

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a418962611d636e7c51b/application/pdf/HX Stomp 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev D - English .pdf

Also, YouTube has stacks of videos covering the subject.

This one is from the excellent young Mr. Cordy.

Plus another from the equally splendid Steve Sterlacci.

Oh, look - here’s another

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Is there any way to make the switch that turns on the effect turn it off when you hit it again like most foot pedals. None of these videos address this. I just want to turn on something like a chorus and compressor at the same time and then turn them both off again and have it be bypassed. Is this possible?

Yes. You need to assign the FX block to the Footswitch. In the Signal Flow view select the FX block. Then use your hand to touch (not press) the footswitch that you want to use to turn the FX block On/Off. When the display asks for confirmation, press the knob beneath the OK display. You can assign multiple FX to the same footswitch if you like.

On 9/17/2022 at 12:25 AM, tikiking9000 said:

Nothing happens when I touch the switch. I have yet to see any results touching the switches on my Stomp. Is it possible that it has been turned off? I went into global settings and the touch is enabled. So frustrated.

Check this - Basic function and navigation.

Another one on functionality here.

This from about 10:58 

Need info on Global Settings - here it is!

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of action are you expecting from touching the FS? ..."touch switching" doesnt exist in any HX device, it's just touch for selecting/assigning.

If touch is used in the globals (Stomp Select) then a tap on a FS with an assigned block, will select the assigned block (SELECTED, NOT TURNED ON/OFF). Useful for edits on the fly. Tap and and hold will ask if you want to assign the selected block to such FS.

To turn a block on and off, you need to assign a FS to the bypass function, and then PRESS the FS to turn Bypass ON/OFF like any other pedal in the world.

Touch tap only isnt gonna turn anything on or off. Seems like you are mixing up "Select" and "Bypass" functions.

Really, just read the damn manual. 

• Upvote 1