Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L3t Fbs While Using L6 Link

Is this correct: The internal FBS of the L3t does not work, when using the L6 link to connect the m20d and the L3t? I would like to have it in addition to the mic- channel FBS for tuning room modes.

Thanx.

Today I've tried, but I couldn't hear it working. If I use the FBS in the m20d, I can clearly hear, that feedback is detected and then eliminated. But when I use the FBS in the l3t, feedback isn't detected, wether I turn ist on or not. What do I wrong? Where do I have to turn it on, on the rear or in the mixer channels on the side?

That would depend on how you are using it.  If you are plugging into the mixer on the side you would use the FBS buttons on the channels that you are plugged into.  If you are plugging into the back from a mix you would use the FBS button on the back.

If you are using the FBS on the M20d it may be hard to tell if the FBS on is working or not.  Maybe it has been necessary yet because the M20d is already picking out those frequencies.  If you want to just test to see if it works on the speaker, turn off all the FBS on the M20d and then try it out.  Keep in mind that if you are at the point where you are just getting little hints of feedback here and there, it's enough for either M20d to L3t to analyze and notch it out.  I tend to ring out the room, I crank the volume beyond what I need purposely invoking feedback.  Let the speakers and or the M20d determine and filter out the feedback and then turn down to the level I am going to play at. 

Also, keep in mind that the best usage of the FBS system on your L3/L2 speakers will be the GREEN setting for the vast majority of uses. Only if you are using the green mode and find that does not sufficiently reduce feedback should you move up to the orange/amber setting... or possibly to the red setting.

Using a FBS setting that is too aggressive may cause undesired audio artifacts.

Yes, I have heard warnings regarding using the red setting in the L3t from the guys at Long and McQuade.  I have used the red and never had any issues, but I only put guitar and vocals through it under these circumstances.  

I'm guessing the red would be equivalent to using the vocal setting on the M20d and the green more like the universal.   The issue would then be that a sustained keyboard note could notch out a frequency  or maybe even a sustained intentional guitar feedback. But it would seem it would have to go long enough to be analyzed so perhaps I've just never triggered the notch when using it this way.  

I've also found that when the L3t or M20d notches out a frequency it's really defined so to my ear the overall sound doesn't suffer.  Having said all that I can certainly understand how the aggressive FBS could affect the sound negatively, I'm just saying it personally hasn't happened to me... yet...