Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp Knob 1 pot stuck?

jshearer3

I have an HX Stomp about a year old.  The first knob (farthest left under screen) just seized up.  It seems like it stuck in the down position and barely turns if I really force it. Has anyone experienced this?  Does anyone know what type of potentiometer this is for me to order a replacement?  Is it easy to get to?  Does anyone have any direction on teardown resources for the Stomp?  Any help is appreciated as Line 6 won't tell me anything about it. Thanks!

On 9/26/2022 at 9:57 AM, theElevators said:

I had a toggle switch seize up on a Les Paul -- I fixed it with graphite spray...contrary to all logic, it is now as smooth as butter. 

Thanks for the reply! I am certainly happy to try the least invasive thing first.  I'm not really convinced that will do it. It's really locked up pretty tight and very suddenly like something mechanical broke or got stuck.

The knobs on the HX Stomp can get stepped on and slightly bent. That can cause them to bind and turn hard. See if that's the case. I had to bend one back once. Fixed the problem and didn't seem to have any remaining issues. But use Line6 support if you have any doubts.

Thanks for the replies...I will try one of the spray options to start with. I already tried Line 6 support and since it was purchased as a demo unit they won't help me.  I will check to see if it might be bent which seems more likely to me based on the suddenness of the issue. Not sure how that might have happened though.

Anyone know what type of potentiometer it is if I have to replace it?

• 3 months later...

Hey jshearer, I just recently got my HX Stomp and mine was brand new from Sweetwater.  Sat on my desk for 2 weeks with no wear and tear and out of no where that 1st pot under the screen seizes up.  It’s very hard to turn and gets somewhat stuck when I push it in.  Massively different from pot 2 and 3 which turn like butter.  Did you ever find a fix for this?