Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

4CM Settings with Parallel Line Mixer

jeremiahzellers

I have an HX Effects.

I have a Suhr Minimix Ii.

I have a Mesa California Tweed.

The Suhr basically takes my serial effects loop and turns it into a parallel loop so that I can blend the wet Hx effects signal with my analog Mesa signal.

This way my amp is never converted to digital.Can anyone point me to a guide with how I would need to set my loop block or my wet effects?

I know I will have to set anything that would normally run in the loop to 100% wet, but is that just the first effect, or the last effect? Or do I need to put all effects in parallel and run them all at 100% wet?

For instance, I have have a delay and reverb, would I set those in parallel in the HX effects and then set their mix to 100% or could I put them in serial and set them a certain way?

Wait what? You don't HAVE to do anything.  Personally,  I can't say that I ever like 100% wet but if you're just trying to create a light dab sure I guess ... try all of your ideas and see what sounds best. 

On a side note can I just say this description for the Suhr cracks me up:

"Now you can play with the peace of mind, that the pure guitar-amp signal that you’ve worked so hard to attain, is not compromised by suspicious circuits in various effects units"

https://www.suhr.com/electronics/tone-tools/suhr-minimix-ii/

Clearly they've never met my guitar tone.  'Sus" circuits all over the place, and that's the least of my problems. 

On 9/27/2022 at 7:32 PM, jeremiahzellers said:

Well, my concern is I just dropped 2k on a head, 1.2k on a cab. I don’t want this sound running through a converter. I want the pure analog signal the whole way through.

Hey,  you know what you like and accept no substitutes. I think that's great. 

Personally,  I'm kind of the same but in the reverse. I try to run all of my analog signals through digital devices to weed out all of that pure analog sound.  For some reason,  it's always sounded so fake to me.  Thats part of why I can't listen to any classic rock done before 1980.

To each their own. 

On 9/28/2022 at 11:32 AM, jeremiahzellers said:

Well, my concern is I just dropped 2k on a head, 1.2k on a cab. I don’t want this sound running through a converter. I want the pure analog signal the whole way through.

Through to where?

• the point it hits a digital desk?
  • the point it gets recorded digitally?
  • the point post analog desk (yikes) it hits a speaker array with digital processing?
  • the point it becomes a mp3, flac, etc?
  • etc
  • etc

If you're concerned about how much you 'dropped' on a head and cab, why cheap out on the effects and go digital at all?

The marketting department (for each of the products) wins, yet again.

Like PT Barnum said "There's a musician born every minute".

First of all, I don’t appreciate being called a “sucker” which is what your post is implying. 

Second, I am plugging directly into a cab. There is no micing. There is no recording. At no point would my signal be converted to digital. 

I paid a lot for and the love the sound of my amp. And I want to retain the sound of my amp, hence the parallel mixer. 

i like the HX Effects and want to incorporate it without trashing my amp tone by running it through ad/da conversion. 

So if your only reason for posing is to sh@t on my original post, I would kindly ask you to keep it to yourself.

In addition, I don’t think Line 6 would appreciate you saying that buying the HX Effects is “cheaping out”. But perhaps you’re right and I’ll stick with Strymon with the analog dry.

On 9/28/2022 at 8:28 AM, jeremiahzellers said:

First of all, I don’t appreciate being called a “sucker” which is what your post is implying. 

Second, I am plugging directly into a cab. There is no micing. There is no recording. At no point would my signal be converted to digital. 

I paid a lot for and the love the sound of my amp. And I want to retain the sound of my amp, hence the parallel mixer. 

i like the HX Effects and want to incorporate it without trashing my amp tone by running it through ad/da conversion. 

So if your only reason for posing is to sh@t on my original post, I would kindly ask you to keep it to yourself.

In addition, I don’t think Line 6 would appreciate you saying that buying the HX Effects is “cheaping out”. But perhaps you’re right and I’ll stick with Strymon with the analog dry.

Just to be clear, I think the HX Effects is awesome and I think what you want to do should produce some great sounding results. I don't think there's a "right way" to do it though. It kind of depends on what you're after. 

If it were me, I'd start with everthing at a 50% mix and experiment with different levels until one felt like "home," if that makes any sense. 

• Upvote 1