Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp stereo into JC-40 w/4CM??

adagosto

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to connect the HX Stomp to a Roland JC-40 using the stereo inputs on that amp AND also be connected using the 4CM?

The 4CM part is pretty straight forward and easy, but then to utilize the second input on the amp thus enabling stereo in, I'm not sure how that would work. Would you just run the Right Output of the HX Stomp to the second input of the amp? Then if your preset was built on stereo blocks, would that do it?

Thanks for the help here....

The HX Stomp manual doesn’t seem to specify but the Send jack may send a stereo signal when using a TRS plug. If so, just use a splitter/adapter to convert the TRS stereo Send into two TS L/R mono signals and connect them to the amp’s stereo inputs. 

However, I’m not clear on your purpose here. Typically in a 4CM setup you would place your time-based stereo FX after, not before, the amp input. The stereo inputs on the JC-40 seem to be designed for a traditional setup where your FX pedalboard is entirely before the amp and no FX Loops are used. Can you provide details on how exactly you need or want to use both 4CM and the amp’s stereo inputs?

silverhead,

Yeah I think my post is confusing. You are correct.

What I'm simply trying to do is feed an all stereo signal into the JC-40/120. How would that be done?

Considering the L/MONO output is, well mono, doesn't that mean the signal is always mono even when connected to the amp via 4CM? Or does using the 4CM actually change that?

If using the 4CM and the preset is a made from stereo blocks, it seems that all it would do is duplicate the same signal on the left and right channels.

On 9/28/2022 at 12:53 AM, adagosto said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to connect the HX Stomp to a Roland JC-40 using the stereo inputs on that amp AND also be connected using the 4CM?

The 4CM part is pretty straight forward and easy, but then to utilize the second input on the amp thus enabling stereo in, I'm not sure how that would work. Would you just run the Right Output of the HX Stomp to the second input of the amp? Then if your preset was built on stereo blocks, would that do it?

Thanks for the help here....

It shouldn't take much more work than a traditional four cable method with the Stomp and you described it perfectly. The same 4 cable templates in the Stomp should largely work here. And then:

1. As you already said, you will need to use the L/Mono OutPut and the Right Output on the Stomp into the R and L/Mono returns on the effects loop of the Roalnd JC-40. 

2. Make sure at least one block prior to the Stomp's main output is stereo. 

It sounds like you are already familiar with a general 4-Cable setup, but if you do need a refresher page 7 of the Stomp manual has a nice image. Guitar >>>> L/Mono in on Stomp >>>> Stomp Send to Guitar In on Roland >>>> Roland Effects Loop Send to L/Mono Return on HX Stomp >>>> L/Mono + R of Main Stomp output to Effects Loop R + L/Mono Return. 

Walla. 

On 9/29/2022 at 10:12 PM, adagosto said:

So after it's all said and done, I think I'm going to abandon the JC-40 option and go with a Powercab.

That's a whole new set of cabling issues to learn!

Fortunately that one is easy peasy. 

Left out to Powercab in.  Or if it's the 212 and you want stereo left and right out.

Done.