Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Drivers not working on windows 11?

Gonsy

Hi there.

I just bought a standard variax. And so far, trying to conect it to my computer it's being a nightmare.

It doesnt help to see that its been a while since last update on the software...but hopfully we can sort it out together.

I installed and reinstalled all the software a few times, and made sure to reboot windows. I also tried a diferent PC, and had exactly the same problem. Tried monkey, the line 6 updater (just shows a black screen), the workbench hd...

Ive used the "Run as administrator" on installs and on app open.

the usb interface shows the leds on green both sides.

THe guitar is with the battery installed and with the jack plugged. 

Its showing the drivers installed are not compatible with windows. And I dont know what else to do.

It has cost a lot of money to realise i cannot configure it and switch presets...

Thanks in advance

problema.jpg

problema 2.jpg

problema 3.jpg

Do you mean, conect the guitar ethernet straight away to the ethernet port on the computer?
i tryed that and doesnt work at all. Same trying to plug and unplug the usb hub meanwile on the workbench.
The guitar itself has a ethernet cable conector, not a usb,
I tried the same on my other computer with windows 10, and so far have the same problem

Yes thats the usual/standard way to conect the guitar to the computer.

But yet i cannot make it work, or even detect the guitar, and the drivers still says they are not compatible.

that is why i openned this post. It should be something wierd with the drivers, or there shoud be a very specific way of installing/conecting that i cannot figure it out.

thanks for your patience.

On 10/1/2022 at 3:34 PM, Gonsy said:

Yes thats the usual/standard way to conect the guitar to the computer.

But yet i cannot make it work, or even detect the guitar, and the drivers still says they are not compatible.

that is why i openned this post. It should be something wierd with the drivers, or there shoud be a very specific way of installing/conecting that i cannot figure it out.

thanks for your patience.

If you don't turn ON the variax system, it wont be recognized. Place a battery in the variax and plug it to an amp, then turn the variax models on. This should make it visible to both Workbench and Monkey. At least that's what I always did, since if I dont turn the Variax models on, the Variax is virtually non existent at the USB interface (red/green leds). Also you need the variax active and plugged, to ear the edits you are doing in WB HD.

HI

Just as a reference for you, the developers. I actually did find a solution.
I would like to point that, I dont know how many dummies do you speak every day to sort any kind of small problems (didnt turn on the variax guitar, didnt plugg in the guitar, etc ) but it was not my case, and I did feel 

It turn out that inside windows config, in the core isolation, there is an option called memory integrity. THis actually conflicts with the archive L6SM64.SYS, wich is the controller for the line6 products, as shown on the pictures shared.
Turning the memory integrity off, makes the controller works, wich solves all the problems that i had with the guitar not being recognized.

The thing is, as a normal windows 10 user, i dont know what kind of problems can that option prevent. Also i dont know whatever or not im more vulnerable to any kind of virus or attack. Also, I should not be forced to turn off any of this kind of options. So, its 100% a problem of your archive, that conflicts with windows memory integrity option.

This is some pictures i can made, and hope that this helps you to sort the problems.

In the same way i had been a little salty with my post, I must say that i didnt expect that quick answers from costumer service, wich has been much quicker that you should expect in any costumer service tried before.

Also, there is a couple things that i will change of the variax product:
- First and most important: the battery drains once conected to the guitar, and doesnt matter whatever or not you have the "line6 hardware" turned on or off. That should be a must for the new series, if you had any plans on creating new variax guitars.

- Second: being able to personalise not only the guitar selector, but the tone selector its also a must. I whould like to have 12 different guitar presets and be able to switch tone presets that i did personalise too. I dont want to have to select between drop, open C, etc, if i dont want too. Also being able to choose which one come first, etc...

Thanks for your help.

Core isolation (microsoft.com)

problema 1.jpg

problema 2.jpg

• 9 months later...

I've just got a new computer (win 11 pro) and most things are installing and operating reasonably smoothly. If slowly!

I found that L6SM64.sys was flagged as a memory integrity issue along with a couple of WD drivers for 2 external drives

The advice about the WD drivers is, er, to delete them - apparently they'll still work (I'll try that with care!)

I take it deleting the Line 6 driver may be more problematic. Memory Integrity is turned off anyway because there are drivers that cause the flag, so it's turning it on again while still keeping the drivers that worries me!

Not sure if there's actually a solution to this apart from ignoring it - which I can live with if it makes no difference but... we'll see!

I m confused, sitting in 2023 with my Variax Standard that I bought last year newly, never dared to connect it to the computer. And now I have this driver failure issue on my win 11 Lenovo laptop, no idea what to do. I feel myself pulled into a tube with no end out. How can I disable this memory integrity? And should I?? It may harm other softwares on my laptop? Why isnt there a solution for this from 2022? tks

If the acoustic sounds and the volume ratio between the strings were ok, I wlud never bother myself with this software but honestly, the factory standard acoustic sounds are terribly annoying after some minutes, cause headache: very nasal, too much bass. Not really useable on gigs.