Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Closest sim to Ibanez DM1000

markwesse

I  use(d) an Ibanez dm1000 delay; I tried the low res delay but its got such a different feel...any help pointing me in the right direction would be great; they have such a great balance of folding the delay back with the right freq balance that it doesnt crowd the original and has repetitive degrade on the loop return but not too much...a great compromise between bucket brigade, tape and pure digital.

On 9/30/2022 at 8:03 AM, markwesse said:

Ibanez dm1000 delay

Hi,

I bought an Ibanez DM1000 way back in 1985 and I still have it in the rack, but rarely turn it on nowadays.

The DM1000 operated at a max bandwidth of 8kHz and the input was converted to 8bit.

When I feel the need for that type of effect I generally use the Helix Vintage Digital to do the job of matching the sample rate and bit depth. Try it. 

I would also advise the Craig Anderton book as noted  by “rd2rk” above.

Original spec here:

http://www.hoshinogakki.co.jp/pdf/ibanez/catalog/1982DM1000.pdf

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Oh, yeah, regarding your other posts about the POD models - the Helix is a different beast so the only way to access your favourites from there is to stick your POD into the FX Loop of your Helix. That’s what I did to be able to use the Dimension effect on my HD500 before it was ported into the legacy fx.

On 9/30/2022 at 9:21 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

I bought an Ibanez DM1000 way back in 1985 and I still have it in the rack, but rarely turn it on nowadays.

The DM1000 operated at a max bandwidth of 8kHz and the input was converted to 8bit.

When I feel the need for that type of effect I generally use the Helix Vintage Digital to do the job of matching the sample rate and bit depth. Try it. 

I would also advise the Craig Anderton book as noted  by “rd2rk” above.

Original spec here:

http://www.hoshinogakki.co.jp/pdf/ibanez/catalog/1982DM1000.pdf

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Oh, yeah, regarding your other posts about the POD models - the Helix is a different beast so the only way to access your favourites from there is to stick your POD into the FX Loop of your Helix. That’s what I did to be able to use the Dimension effect on my HD500 before it was ported into the legacy fx.

Interesting...I always thought it was a 12 bit chip :-\ but yeah 8k is the magic 

Baha...dragging around the pod as an insert fx live is pretty dedicated...

Its looking more like Helix Live...I found a vst of the DM1000...pretty close actually.

Thanks for the reply...hope you are doing well!

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2022 at 9:41 PM, datacommando said:

LOL - I’m a studio rat and therefore unaffected by transport logistics.

Still alive and kicking!

Aha...I get it then.

I love playing music with peeps...something happens that just never makes it out of the studio; not to say I dont love hanging there but live...wow...the magic :-)

• Upvote 1